Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

Candle light meeting does sound pretty cool.

I really hope they don’t sell either. The building is unique and I’m really over all the new soulless buildings being put in. And to be honest, if I ever decided to go to a meeting that would be the place.

1 Like

Thank you :hugs:
How are you doing ? Iv not been on here much past few days but i have read through each night. Its 4:30am here in the uk.

Well since you asked! Lol :joy:
Grateful for my sponsor and my AA home group.
Anxiety attacks are coming back strong in the mornings. Can’t sleep…1:15 A.M. here.

Dealing with my job which is imploding. My wife and daughter refuse to move for a new job until my daughter finishes high school. That is in 2 years. I just don’t know if I can wait, due to my company imploding…ugh.

I’m speaking with recruiter’s about positions and I’m applying. I have to get out of my situation. Very stressful and intense working environment. I’m the CEO, so the pressure is off the charts.

If I take a new job, I would move separately from my family for two years…crazy, but I may not have a choice.

I took a DNA genetic test to see what anti-anxiety and anti-depressants work best in my body as well as a folic acid test. Amazing science and I’ll be speaking with my psychiatrist this week about the results. My anxiety is through the roof, so I’m thinking the medication I’m on is not the right one.

Grateful to be with my family and grateful for my pets :cat: :dog:

I hadn’t been meditating lately, need to get back into it. Reading the Bible and Big Book consistently and that helps. Learning how to pray too. Just heard about this site Daily Stoic. Pretty cool! https://dailystoic.com/

I should try to sleep :zzz:

Talk soon ~
Mike

4 Likes

Im sorry to hear you have some difficult decisions to make, that as you said may become actually not a choice in the end. I do hope it works out for you.
Definitely alot of pressure to deal with :hugs:

I read about that test to see what meds will work best, i hope you get the right help through the results.
Iv tried 7 antidepressants over the past 2 years, i dont think the dr knows what to do with me any more :sweat_smile:.
I had the mental health team appointment on friday morning, wasnt the greatest they want to try a different medication and reading this post i may suggest they do this test for me, as it is hard taking medications that may or may not work but also mess with chemical balance in our brains whilst beating an addiction is scary for me, all of us.
I do alot of research, the way id been feeling lately my dr prescribed benzos, iv never had a problem with them but use them scarcely as im always nervous and anxious and know they arent a long term solution.

I really hope your appointment goes well, and in a perfect world everything ends up working itself out at work.

Il check out the link, never heard of it before. And if you ever need a chat and im around you dont have to wait for me to ask how you are, my ears and support is here for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My spouse is going to take the DNA test. In the meantime he just started a med with a very low dosage at night. Hope it helps him. At this point, he’s not easy to live with on a daily basis.

2 Likes

I miss Farley. :heart:

5 Likes

Ooh, do I have a #1 TS man? I didn’t realize! :rofl: I think Aybee might be in the running tho…

Derek will be back soon enough!!

4 Likes

Lol We should have a TS “party” for his return. Like a thread of everyone’s favorite Derek moments or quotes. For example, the time he told me to get my head out of my a**, jk jk

3 Likes

As I recall, they did that a few years ago after a previous suspension.

2 Likes

Young is not necessarily a positive. :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh dear, I have totally derailed this thread…will clean it up…

1 Like

Surely THAT is not against those infernal rules!? The horror!

1 Like

1 Like

That awkward moment when a mod has to move her own posts to the void. :grimacing: :rofl:

9 Likes

I know…and it is not the first time either. Oopsy!

2 Likes

I love you for :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: this conversation folks!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:

4 Likes

Get back in the 2 spot

2 Likes

Bold of you to assume he was ever in first.

5 Likes

Oh no! I think they have meds now you can take early on to help you if needed. Take care of yourself!! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I think we’ve been punished for going off topic :rofl:

2 Likes