Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

We haven’t legalized guns and we have only had a handfull f shootings in last decades.

Please explain me how this is nöt in the realm of control…

1 Like

You’ll notice that I have, up until now.
However, I will call out bullshit when I see it.

Are we done here?

Hi April, I’m referring you to rule nr. 9 from the Talking Sober Rules and Guidelines : Stick to the language that the topic was originally created in. All languages are welcome, but please do so in separate topics.

So a topic in Spanish is fine. No English needed. If you want to know what’s being said, you can always use Google translate or something similar.

8 Likes

I was asking in English because there are people that do not understand how to read that.

Why I was flagged is beyond me.

I was asking for translation in English.

1 Like

As was mentioned, thread replies should be in the language of the original post. That language doesn’t have to be English. All languages are welcome.

If you would like to understand a thread not in your native language, perhaps a tool like Google translate can help. But please do keep posts in the language of the first post. Thank you!

3 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment graveyard 2022

Oh my! I just learned something new! I went to copy it for google translate and it had a tab for translation built in. Instant apple translate! Now all I need is to respond on a translator and copy on the thread if I want to reply. This app is freaking awesome!

¡Dios mío! ¡Acabo de aprender algo nuevo! Fui a copiarlo para el traductor de Google y tenía una pestaña de traducción integrada. ¡Traducir instantáneo de Apple! Ahora todo lo que necesito es responder en un traductor y copiar en el hilo si quiero responder. ¡Esta aplicación es increíble!

Edited to add:

Omg it does both ways. What a marvelous piece of technology!!

8 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s built into the copy/paste menu for Android and iOS now. You just select, and translate is also an option. It’s really neat! :grinning:

3 Likes

Although what I never noticed, on Android at least, it also somehow auto detects when the language is not your default. It only appears when it’s a foreign language.

So smart!

1 Like

It’s beautiful, Eke! What a wonder that no matter what we can make people feel welcome here. Finding this is literally making my eyes leak. No language barrier in recovery!!

2 Likes

Closed for cooling off. Please remember that dogpiling and attacking; as well as disrespect are against forum rules.

We are here for sobriety, support and community. Life is rough enough without us having a go at eachother.

speaks someone who dosnt go to meetings i bring up my years because i have achieved them . i have experience not history in AA , why dont you go to meetings then ? you speak in the past tense . if you go to meetings then i can understand but dont lecture me when you dont even go to AA. you have a good day maybe try ameeting wish you well

4 Likes

I don’t see anything stupid or dumb in what you’ve just wrote :wink:
I think everyone here believe in good and evil (or bad I would say)

2 Likes

Never feel dumb for following your own heart Dan. And don’t think your stupid. Everyone can believe what they want. We’re all free in that. We just shouldn’t try to force our world view upon others. It’s al personal and no one should tell another how to think and what to believe.

Personally I think there’s good and bad in everyone and it depends on so much factors what comes out most of us. I don’t believe in heaven and hell unless those are places right here on earth, places both of our own creation and places we can end up in through no fault or achievement of our own. But that’s me. You do you. Freedom of thought. Just like freedom from drugs and booze actually :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I think there is definitely some really powerful symbology associated with religion (from modern day back to ancient mythologies) and I can see why that speaks to people.

For me I don’t know, I feel like there is enough crazy in this realm to start adding in extra ones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but also I never got that deep into heavy narcotic use so I am coming at it from a different place.

1 Like

@dalex77_2 @Astro moving here as it’s not on topic for atheist sobriety, but no harm no foul! Feel free to continue the conversation here or I can set up a new thread if you prefer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes I heard about the heat over there. Stay safe! :hot_face:

3 Likes

I also love John Cleese, and Life of Brian is one of my favourite films. :star_struck:

I definitely don’t think you personally are appallingly dull - far from it - but I was looking for a clip that was funny and touched on the, how shall we say, classically British range of emotions. I mean, even the classic “stiff upper lip” is based on what? Enduring suffering.

Keep calm and fan on through this heat wave :innocent:

5 Likes