Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

Oh boy, here come the flag police again :japanese_ogre:

9 Likes

We tend to only approve one flag on each person for derails, even if itā€™s the start of a number of posts.

Selfishly, from a mod pov, itā€™s much better when people take side chats straight here or a private message. Less admin for us anyway!

Also, for others going to a thread who are not part of the off topic conversation it can make it hard for them to find the into they are looking for, which is why the flag/ rule exists.

3 Likes

When moderator @Dazercat disciplines us: ā€œThis hurts me more than it hurts youā€. But weā€™ll know the discipline is out of love.

10 Likes

Lol aha, thatā€™s so spot on! And heā€™ll be convincing at it too!! :joy:

4 Likes

7 Likes

john-oliver-as-you-were

5 Likes

Youā€™re right he did just 48 posts in the last 24 hours.

11 Likes

9 Likes

He might be trying to keep his nose clean for the new job.

Canā€™t get caught up with the riff raff here.

5 Likes

Iā€™m dying :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@dazercat whatta relief youā€™re still with us! :grin::+1:t2::sunglasses:

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t me :see_no_evil:

signal-2022-02-11-22-45-44-512

7 Likes

This is the best and funniest the derailment thread has been I love it :joy:

6 Likes

mocktail-oprah

6 Likes

In Chile too! We found this in a very uber educational Zoom. A very intellectual conversation about toilet swirls that occur below the equator :rofl:

3 Likes

Donā€™t want to derail ā€¦

Didnā€™t know where to put it. You cannot say Germans have no humour. Itā€™s a speed limit sign to reduce noise on a bridge crossing a 6 lane highway.

17 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty ridiculous! Taking German precision to a whole ā€˜nother level.

6 Likes

This is one for the meme thread :rofl: A real life meme! Ich hƶre den Amtsschimmel wiehern :grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

FĆ¼r mich fasst das die Umweltpolitik schƶn zusammen. Aber keine Politik hier :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Perhaps us AAs need to ignore this post lol and not even go there (ironic Iā€™m replying now lol). I actually discovered a whole bunch of specifically ā€œAA hatingā€ groups on Facebook, and a few similar videos on YouTube. Maybe OP would find plenty of likeminded people there.

Jives aside, itā€™s nice to see the spectrum of people in recovery here, albeit at times debating certain ideas, doing so for the most part respectfully. That being said I donā€™t think controversy necessarily is helpful to some in recovery, nor is aa, but again, thatā€™s probably my AA brain talking lol. Iā€™ll spare the quotations of AA literature to back that up :sweat_smile:. Personally Iā€™m from New Zealand, and other than government sponsored (usually legally imposed) drug treatment and private counselling, I really donā€™t know where else to go to get recovery! I went through councilling, and government sponsored drug treatment. Personally, for me that really didnā€™t seemed to do it. But aa hasā€¦ almost three years soberā€¦ I do find people who do recovery without aa interesting, but also somewhat intimidating, perhaps because I really donā€™t know anyone like that. I was so alone in my using, I really didnā€™t even think people that got sober were tangibly accessible to me. Boy did AA change that! Peace n love :wink:

9 Likes

Iā€™m not religious yet I work a 12 step program, Iā€™m free to do this or stop whenever I want. I also choose to use the word God for a power I have found inside of me. Yes it is my imaginary friend and Iā€™m likely mad or schizophrenic but itā€™s better than the madness my mind was in before and Iā€™m sober with a routine to share with my sponsees who are also sober so who gives a shit what anyone else thinks.

9 Likes