Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

I guess understanding about mental health - two sides of the coin an individual’s personal choice, addiction itself is a mental disease rather than a continued choice. Perhaps I have been too hard on myself. Sigh. Ty for shining that light.

3 Likes

Gonna also update this to include medical advice. I know there are experts here on harm reduction, mental health, and probably actual doctors. However, it’s impossible for anyone to know if someone is licensed, trained, or possessing expertise. Take all medical advice with a grain of salt or shot of penicillin

7 Likes

I would add take all advice on TS with same caution!!

12 Likes

I get good sobriety advice from here. Also get good advice on running, making fluffernutter sandwiches (Iykyk) and shows to watch

7 Likes

Yes, but not all sobriety advice is good and there is also the whole pie vs cake situation. But if I digress further, it is derailment for me!

5 Likes

Can you elaborate on this pie vs cake situation?

6 Likes

It’s the discussion about whether or not to call a Chess pie a cake.
Or Something like that. :joy:

3 Likes

Your assumption of me being Most People would be incorrect.

I appreciate your wise words and always appreciate your posts.

3 Likes

Shhhh. I have a reputation to uphold :joy::joy:.

Seriously though. I don’t actively try to be an asshole, but sometimes I am abrasive or direct and sometimes it goes to hard. I think if you ask some of the og members here they’d say I softened a bit.

7 Likes

You have experience and long term sobriety. Direct is good in my book. Thanks for sharing and response.

5 Likes

You can be very direct for sure but theres individuals like myself (for example) that really benefit from that. I have always appreciated ur direct and blunt nature bcuz i personally needed to hear that, especially in early recovery. I was in dire need of help n needed to hear the harsh truth, being told like it is. So thank u

9 Likes

Cheesecake is pie

6 Likes

I’m going to need more evidence than a mere proclamation.
Both sides will need to resubmit their evidence for consideration.

5 Likes

It’s a tort :blush:

3 Likes

Cheesecake is made with a graham cracker pie crust prepared in a pie plate. PIE
IMG_1238

6 Likes

Hah!
See how i resurrected the cheesecake pie/cake debate?

5 Likes

The power of cheesecake is astounding! Don’t need a metaphor when pie or cake is involved.

4 Likes

I’ve just Lmao cheesecake folks

3 Likes

If it’s a cheesecake with a biscuit base it’s neither a pie or a cake

2 Likes

I’ve made many cheesecakes. I’ve always used a springform pan. As Walmart says, ‘a springform cake’ pan.
:sweat_smile::wink:
They’re delicious whatever they’re called. Luv me some cheesecake pie.
Or cheesecake cake. Or cheesecake tort.

4 Likes