I’m sorry… why is this in seeking help, exactly? It’s nicotine. I vape nicotine while writing on the forum right now. Should all my posts be in seeking help? Should I leave the forum because I’m ‘under the influence’ right now? Should every member using nicotine pouches, gums and patches post in seeking help? If nicotine counts as under the fucking influence, then I gotta stop posting, clearly.
I’m sorry, @Dirk , you made a terrible call. Maybe you could stop playing mod for 5 minutes.
Yes, the forum should be a safe place. Here, we have a new member asking for help and they were immediately sent to seeking help for ‘actively using’ and told talking about active use is not allowed on the forum. That’s not welcoming and the type of attitude that scares people off.
There are many types of addictions here, including sugar. Should pictures of chocolate go in seeking help?
My tone represents how annoyed I am. This is the type of thing that makes me feel unwelcomed. Whatever you think about nicotine, using pouches is not, by any stretch of the word ‘under the influence.’
as the OP is openly discussing moderation I also believe the post belongs into that category. The difference here is about the discussion. Discussing moderation and use can be triggering for some, that’s what the category ‘Seeking help’ in my opinion is for.
Yes, I have taken crazy pills and woke up in a dystopian hell. It’s nicotine. The op is using it to quit smoking. It’s a cessation tool, not moderation and you successfully scared a new member off. Well done.
By this logic, the coffee thread should be moved here. And the food one, that’s clearly talking about moderation of… food and sweets.
I moved this part of the discussion to derailment. I feel we all got sidetracked here. @Amy30 If you want to discuss this topic in more detail, please do open a new thread.
That’s a serious improvement, although not sure how all the moderators (without @ here) will feel about it when it rains moderators tags. Good luck all!