Derailment Void

Actually no Ray. You’re a spring chicken compared to him :joy:

1 Like

Pet peeve time - All through the AA literature, and society in general, the word “ego” is used to represent pride. The correct psychological term is egomania. Ego is in fact the mediating construct of the psyche, continually intervening between the demanding instincts of babyhood and the learned strictures of law and society. This negotiation allows the tyranny of the shoulds to coexist with the infantile demands for immediate satisfaction. So the ego is actually quite useful and helpful. When it breaks down, we go crazy, or run for president.

Egomania is what you mean to say when you speak of obsession with self.

8 Likes

reality

1 Like

Post a piccy. It’s always nice to see you Cate!! :wink:

1 Like

You’re not Gareth :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::kissing_heart:

I know, but it’ll cheer me up!

1 Like

Woops, derailed again!

2 Likes

Well shoot!!! It’ll have to happen on one of the rare-ish days that I wash my hair :sweat_smile::joy:

Can’t wait, don’t say why though. I prefer onatrel

1 Like

Those mods are getting very speedy. :sweat_smile::rofl:

I did have to go back and review the posts to see why. All is good :+1:

Not sure why, but I’ve noticed that my ‘need’ to be silly on here usually corresponds to when I’m feeling down. Guess I’m trying to cheer myself up.

Can’t wait until I’m a fully functioning adult, so that I can post some well articulated and thoughtful responses. I figure it will start on June 23rd 2032 :+1:

5 Likes

Your short exchange was in the Announcement category for Seeking Help, so not a good place to just chat. I wanted to move it over before a bigger conversation started there. :blush: There are plenty of threads for just checking in and chatting with friends. :blush: Hope that explains okay!

2 Likes

Totally understandable :+1:

You didn’t need to explain, but thank you!!! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Anyone have any good coyote deterent suggestions? They have started coming closer and closer to the house and I am getting concerned about letting the dogs out even with me out there (I always am). My old ways of dealing with them would earn me three hots and a cot here.

2 Likes

I first read this as coyote deodorant, and briefly got very excited to follow this conversation.

6 Likes

That puts my suggestion out then sorry Goat.

I am guessing human pee doesn’t deter? We have used ammonia or vinegar soaked rags along a fence previously. We also use a motion activated sprinkler to startle deer and pigs…might help. Perhaps a motion sensitive light or noise as well.

1 Like

I am fairly certain if they are on your property you can shoot them. If that’s not the case may I suggest a lengthy negotiation with them at some desirable time for both parties.

2 Likes

Hubby says human hair from barbers.
His first solution was a little more aggressive :grimacing:

2 Likes

You mean sit down at a table and try and reach an amicable agreement?

2 Likes

Of course. Handle it like civilized folks

3 Likes