DIY Home Projects

Most definitely Tommi. How ya been?

Sober…busy…happy! :grin:
Picked up an ankle injury a month or so ago so not much training lately. Just some bike rides.
All’s good though.

Good to see you Geoff :sparkles:

1 Like

Hey Leah. Good to see you!
How you doing?

1 Like

I’m doing pretty good :blush: happy to be sober and just trying to take things day by day.

1 Like

Our kitchen was in a bad shape when I moved in.

So I did a Quick renovation

6 Likes

Great thread.

I recaulked the kitchen sink. My husband hates DIY projects. Not me.
I hope the pic comes thru.

8 Likes

Great job! I’m with your husband. It’s my lack of self confidence though. I got a plumber coming today and among other things he’s going to caulk my kitchen sink too. How exciting!! It’s the little things that we put on hold so long and when we fix them or get someone to fix them I always ask “why didn’t I do that sooner?” I’m a slob with a caulking gun.

But I figured out the touch up paint situation in my house. Only been here a little over a year. And I’m going to tackle the nail pops. I can do this!

2 Likes

I need to redo my bathroom sink soon but I’ve never done it before. Any pointers? Yours looks great!

Learning to make resin earrings and bangles

4 Likes

I looked on youtube mostly. And summoned the memories of my Dad. He was an electrician and did all our home maintenance. Plus, I didn’t use a gun, just a smaller tube of caulk with hand pressure.
And the tape on both sides of seam helped.
I just used a

1 Like

What r the raw materials for those lovely pretties? Love the sparkly sheen.

Thanks… just uv resin, glitter and a mold… very simple and easy

1 Like

I cleaned the rust off the bamboo splitter on the right. It looked the the blade on the left before. I’m gonna make a handle for it out of either iron or wood, and then put a razor edge on it, just for fun!

7 Likes

Is this the outside of your home?

This is a great thread. I am a single lady who bought a new house last year. So you can imagine the comedy of fixing that. :wink: most of big renovations are done. dubble glazing, new banisters, isolating, painting from the outside.
I have one big project of remodelling the bathroom coming up. that is one that is not cheap and will not do myself for reasons you might understand. but my project at the moment are the stairs.

from gray to white and natural wooden steps. lots of work. painted the white now 4 times, last is to sand the steps one more time and finish them of with wax.

13 Likes

Haha :rofl: :woman_facepalming: ok but in my defense I would love to live here so I must’ve been projecting. I’ll be laughing at this one for a while lol

1 Like

Ok maybe not HERE but I just thought it looked like a cute house in the middle of no where lol

1 Like

Tbh I thought it was too!:smile:

1 Like

Haha thank you Donna!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like