DIY Home Projects

Ive been wanting to make like a trophy stand/hanging display case for my sons medals and ribbons from.swimming and basketball, and other achievements. I was thinking of maybe using a pallet or something? I am not good at this kind of stuff but I have a creative spirit :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Man it’s a handy little fucker to have!

1 Like

You rock, thank you!!!

1 Like

That’s what she said! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m sorry… I couldn’t resist… :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Youre welcome, when you get around to doing it lmk if you have any questions or run into problems :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So last night, after Krav Maga class, I decided to get the floor down in the Brojo. Here’s the before and after:

![20190227_080136|666x500]

11 Likes

That’s some serious construction there, I tell ya.

My favorite way to learn!

2 Likes

What a difference! Looks great. What is the material called? Did you use an adhesive on the bottom or do they just stay in place?

Nice work dude!!

These are horse stall mats. You can get them from tractor supply or similar. No adhesive needed. The gorilla tape is to seal up the seams to keep it clean, and not for stability. They stay put all by thenselve. I went with 1/2" for $20/ea.

So cool! You will have to post your progress!

Oh I will! Don’t worry! :construction_worker_man:

So, as I recently moved in to a new place (basement suite), I’m itching to start adapting it to my preferences. However, I have limiting parameters:

• Must not permanently modify any structure or existing furniture. Even minor repairs are out of bounds, my landlord handles those.
  • Minimum financial investment because I’m on a rather tight budget. This isn’t so bad, I have an interest in (tastefully) reusing and recycling unwanted items, and can put in time and manual labour.

What kinds of improvements have you guys done or wanted to do that are 100% reversible? I don’t know exactly what I want yet, so I’m collecting ideas and inspiration.

I have told my son i was going to build this for forever now. Finally finished! Cant wait for him to see it.

18 Likes

I like this. Need to make something for my martial arts belts, and this design is different from what I’ve seen elsewhere, more display box style.

1 Like

Thanks! I took ideas from others that i saw online and kinda made it my own with leftover woods from other projects. I didnt see any with the metal rings I just saw those at home depot and thought theyd be easy.

3 Likes

I made this table a while back. It took about 20 hours. Theres the day i brought it home, the mess its under now and the top that i love. I put 3 patchwork pieces together.

3 Likes

Very nice!

We call them drawer pulls/handles/knobs etc. Very nice job! Love the dark stain :ok_hand: