DIY Home Projects

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: yes!

Guess you can’t really tell the size…

8 Likes

Oh i totally can because im familiar with that same issue lol. It’s huge and beautiful!

Popcorn ceiling :slight_smile:
Never heard that name for the painting style. We have it everywhere and i hate it.
When we moved in about 10 years ago the house was almost fully renovated and the guy who did it apparently liked popcorn ceiling and i was not enough fast to resist! :laughing:

Tonttuovi :slight_smile:

Growing and maintaining grass can be challenging. Have you thought about adjusting ready grown pieces?

Its a possibility. Our soil is very, very sandy and not very stable. It is also very acidic due to the acid and sap from all the trees.

My neighbor has beautiful, lush grass – and obviously has/had the same soil we have. Probably going to pick his brain.

1 Like

Call dr frankenstein

I’m putting together my DIY snow/ice running shoes today. My kid borrowed my micro spikes last week and lost them. I got the idea to do removable, flush cleats from my sponsor. He’s much more into straight up running than I am, he’s a marathon guy, I’m a triathlon guy. But I love running outside in all weather (just bit as far as my sponsor!).

Will post pics later.

2 Likes

One done, one to go. The shoes are Goretex covered so my feet stay dry and warm even through puddles and slush.

The screw heads are proud enough to grip the ice, but flush enough so I will hear them but not feel them when I hit pavement

When winter’s over, I can back the screws out.

2 Likes

This isn’t exactly a home project, but I just won this baby in eBay and I’m going to do it up and ride it around the local park!! :grinning: :biking_woman:

16 Likes

Starting the wife’s coffee table

12 Likes

Sweet metrobike. Enjoy!

1 Like

That’s a Viking fire.

2 Likes

It is! We don’t usually do them small around here unless we are roasting marshmellows lol.

2 Likes

She’s gettin in on the action

7 Likes

Dang Mandi, are you burning a wicker man over there?!

1 Like

Cabinets and countertops have been my bread and butter the last 15 years. You should be fine to paint them, most are lacquer finished and pretty much any latex paint will stick to them without a problem. The one must i would say is to clean them thoroughly, especially around the stove where grease tends to collect, thats where you are most likely to have problems. Once theyre clean sand them with some 180 or 220 grit sandpaper or #0 steel wool (it gets in the contours of raised panel doors really well), then wipe em down to get all the dust off and youre ready to paint. :slightly_smiling_face: Also, make sure you sand the exposed sides of cabinets really well, if theyre prefabs as opposed to custom built the sides will look like wood grain but its really a paper laminate on top of particleboard. You dont have to go crazy with the sanding if youre painting them a solid color, youre just looking to scuff them enough for the paint to stick.
As for the countertops there are some companies that make a paint specifically for laminate tops but its been my experience that theyre pretty much a waste of money…they end up textured looking if you dont spray it on and they arent a bit durable…the cheapest, best looking countertop upgrade is to hit up lowes or home depot and order whats called post-form formica tops. They come in a couple million colors and styles to choose from and the most popular trend these days is to go for the ones that look like granite, you can even get them with a slight pitted texture that makes them look like granite for about 1/4 of the price of granite…in my area i think laminate runs about $15/sq ft vs $45/ sq ft. For granite

3 Likes

Nice, gotta love that kreg jig! Lol

3 Likes

Thats cute “brojo” :joy:

1 Like