DIY Home Projects

Don’t forget to fix the leak!

4 Likes

Heat was escaping the bathroom causing a ice damn in winter. Water was backing up into here and getting above the flashing. I’m gonna close this weird spot off and of course stop the heat loss.

8 Likes

Uf. Unfortunately it’s not an uncommon problem is our northern climes. Hope you get it done quick.

Nice detective work! You can’t insulate ceilings enough, I don’t think.

3 Likes

Dang! You are going to rebuild that house brick by brick. It’s almost a sobriety metaphor…:thinking::wink:

6 Likes

Making solid progress

10 Likes

What are you going to do for venting? I’m thinking as long as you have it open, throw two fans up there, gang them onto one switch. It’ll clear out the rainforest that teenager showers can create in minutes!

5 Likes

Great progress there, Dan. I hope you took the day off to enjoy Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

Still plugging along on this last project… it was/is a big one…

It would’ve been much easier to tear off and rebuild but having to deal with it in the winter didn’t afford me that option. Changing out the ganked up plumbing/ wiring/hvac now. I’ll be able to finish the subfloor and square up the last 2 walls soon. Then drywall/ flooring and a bathroom back. Lots of FINgirneering on this one.

11 Likes

That’s quite the project you got going on there. It’s gonna be nice when it’s done though. Was the water damage worse then you thought once you started the demo.

1 Like

It was all worse :laughing:. Structurally it wasn’t good from the foundation up on like 1/3 of it. I do not recommend that anyone here shows the ability to be able to do almost anything to their S.O… Next up building space shuttle :disguised_face:

7 Likes

Oh yeah. Once you show ability, it’s why haven’t you started it, and why isn’t it done yet. :rofl:

3 Likes

Good lord! That’s coming together nicely Dan! A lot of hard work :muscle:t4:

:joy::joy::joy: You are running out of house to fix up so yeah…why not? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

cartoon+gif+handyman

4 Likes

Man, you take on a lot of big jobs but you make them look easy! You’re rocking it!

2 Likes

Dan it looks amazing. :star: :hammer_and_pick: :hammer_and_wrench:
just from her expectation and demand that you sort that out you can tell how very much your wife thinks of you. and rightly so. that’s the way you got to interpret that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Going back together now… finally. I wanted to get all of the finish work done before I put anything in it but I needed a second toilet bad.

I’ll finish the floor install, bath and tub surround and then I’ll finish the walls and ceiling and vanity.

I have 60 hours a week dedicated to my paid job and these projects in all my spare time :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

You are so handy @Dan531 piecing that home back to better piece by piece i swear

2 Likes

It’s my toxic trait :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Catio for the garden. Panel 1 done. Just needs painting and to add mesh when the weather isn’t raining.

8 Likes

Looks great, Gonna be really nice when its done, they’re going to love it

1 Like