Dogboy’s story from last week I guess

Ok short story: we had a really bad drug reaction that fucked up our brain to shit and hell and back lol & it all made us forget how to walk. We were in the hospital for a week & just got out yesterday evening (9/31).

Ok long story: we had a funnier story to compensate for feeling like shit so here it goes—
But yeah, loads of pills for three weeks straight that eventually interacted so badly (one of which actually had METH even though it WAS NOT advertised as meth lmfao). & on like Tuesday last week we started to lose it & by Thursday we were no longer a person, just a burnt brain in a box. So husband took us to hospital bc he (rightfully) thought we were dying. And ig while we were in there, unable to walk & bound to a bed, our dumb brain 1) thought we were back in Wyoming & got so mad our mom wasn’t visiting (even though I haven’t talked to her or the family in nearly 5 years),& 2) we then thought we were in Japan & couldn’t read or understand English (yet could speak it??) and finally 3) we then “knew” only that we were somewhere in west LA (which idk if y’all know is a huge area lolll).

Between last Thursday and this Thursday we had 0 memory except stupid things like we hated a TV show that was on lol. But by this Thursday We’d re-learned to walk (for the most part, still wobbly & on a cane. but also LOL bc we were still having issues walking so we got so pissed that’d we kept tripping on everything & falling out of the car, etc.

Luckily We’re SO much better today, walking is kinda back to our normal chronic pain walking. And We’ve been so much happier. PLUS, We’re gonna start to be sober from drugs & alcohol starting from the Friday after we were admitted. It’s gonna be hard as fuck bc of the BOREDOM & CONSTANT pain. But we think with everyone here & on fb & on Insta & on Tumblr it’s got to be a lot easier to keep going.

BUT ANYWAY. TLDR: FUCKED UP MY BRAIN WITH DRUGS & AM NOW GETTING SOBER.

2 Likes

Dude… the two of you nearly died. Boredom is the last of your problems.

Welcome to the forum, I’m glad you’re here, and I really hope you are actually taking this seriously. What your describing is absolutely horrific.

3 Likes

Welcome!

I find nothing funny at all about your post. You both could have died! I sure hope you take recovery very serious because not everyone gets another chance. Get a plan in place and take action. Wishing you the best on your journey.

5 Likes

I dont understand where there 2 of you or are u talking as your 2 people…im confused

1 Like

#1 “I” use we because I’m a DID system
#2 I have to find some kind of humor in the horrific or else I cannot function.
#3 we aren’t stupid. We are taking our recovery seriously. It is vastly different to recover from substance abuse as a liste long term CSA, torture & mind control survivor than it is for an average person. Please recognize this & maybe have a little compassion rather than telling us we’re not being serious simply because we chose to put some humor in our suffering in our own way. We can’t be miserable 24/7 and expect results.
Additionally, #4 we’ve found all your comments to be rather rude and complete unhelpful. Something I did not expect from this community.

1 Like

I did not mean any offence i was genuinely confused and did not know you guys where a DID system as that had not been said, apologies if i caused any offence

2 Likes

Your story was told in a jokey manner, trying to elicit from its readers not compassion but the laughing along at your … “antics”. Amongst a bunch of sober folks, this isn’t going to go down too well, no one’s going to find this story funny, especially since you’re so early on in your sobriety. It comes off not as self-ironic, but glorifying. I guess the differences are subtle but perceivable to folks.

You will however find a lot of recourses and ppl sharing their stories here, so that you may learn and educate yourself, connect and empathise with ppl who’ve gone through what you’re attempting to do.

Here are some recources: Resources for our recovery

Here’s our very active (and sometimes funny) check-in thread: Checking in daily to maintain focus #57

One thing that you’ll hear again and again is: look for the similarities, not the differences. We all have our stories here, a plethora of diagnoses and undiagnosed burdens, mental and physical, common and uncommon traumas. Everyone in recovery needs to learn to bear and like their own, uniquely fucked up self. We’re all doing tha there and you can fit right in.

Welcome.

13 Likes

This is part of why sharing our story helps. It gives folks context to try and empathize with what is described, what a person’s situation looks like and how we can relate and offer support. I’m glad you explained a bit further and hope you will stick around and gain what so many of us here have, a community of people seeking a sober life. That’s what draws us together. There are others here with a DID diagnosis, but it won’t necessarily be a community that can understand that experience.

I hope you keep coming back.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Willoughby, thanks for sharing your story, and also thanks for explaining about your DID and how you approach your sobriety. I hope this forum can be of some help to you in your fight to be sober from all substances. And I think it can be, even if your start here is a bit rocky.

Most people here can’t find any humour in substance abuse no more. To us it comes over as making light and easy of it all. We’ve seen too much devastation caused by it. Too much death. So when someone posts what you posted, without any explanation or background, people can get a bit defensive.

And there’s no “average people” here. Like Faughx already said we’re a wild bunch from every corner of the earth, from every walk of life and with every diagnosis imaginable. I’m not denying you have some very hard stuff to deal with and I admire you for taking your life into your own hands and fighting for a better one.

We’re in this together and I really hope you still want to be a part of that. Nobody can beat this on his own, whatever their diagnosis or how they feel on the inside. The opposite of addiction is connection and this is a great place to help start building some of those connections. Please stick around and take your time to read. I’m glad you’re here. Wishing you all success.

12 Likes