Favorite holiday dessert

What’s everyone’s favorite holiday dessert? Do you have a family recipe that is amazing or a secret sugar cookie recipe? I’m looking for ideas for baking to keep me busy and help others on this form. I know for sure one of my favorites this time of year is pumpkin spice bread :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Pecan pie. Nothing better than homemade pecan pie.

6 Likes

I totally forgot about that one! I’ll have to try and bake one.

1 Like

My family recipie has bourbon in it…looks like I will have to find a new recipe

1 Like

I make a Filipino desert called Turon, and a mean cherry pie.

4 Likes

The stuffing my mom makes is theeeeee best. I could seriously eat it alone for 3 meals a day and snacks between meals. She usually makes me a separate pan of it.
Ill eat it cold right out of the fridge too.

6 Likes

Mince pies! I haven’t made my mincemeat yet because I’m not sure how well it will keep without brandy.

I usually add some cranberries and use mixed nuts but mainly base my recipe on this.

2 Likes

I was thinking about using the syrup from glace cherries as a substitute for brandy… Not sure if that actually makes sense or if I’m just thinking about it because cherry brandy is a thing :woman_shrugging:

That actually might work. Worth a try.

1 Like

The only thing, brandy was originally used as a preservative. You would lose that by not using brandy.

Yea I would normally make it up in October to give the flavours all time to develop. I figure it will be fine a week before or something so it can marinate a bit.

Usuing syurp might actually be better, not as harsh as alcohol and may not subdue flavors.

2 Likes

Well it’ll be another month til I make it but will be sure to let you know how it goes :grin:

1 Like

Sounds good! It will be interesting to know what you think

My moms butter tarts hands down

1 Like

that escalated fast

4 Likes

Dang…I forgot…I make Spanish Flan for Christmas, at least I used to. My Cuban in-laws love it. Been too long.

This year, I will.

2 Likes

Say more about this “turon.” Intriguing!

I love the Ghirardelli chocolate, white chocolate and peppermint squares, bonus if I can stuff them in my face with pretzels simultaneously :raising_hand_woman:

5 Likes

What about some baked apples with cinnamon and… Honey? Can you have honey??

1 Like