February push-ups challenge

Had a hard workout at bootcamp this morning and the best Peloton ride I’ve ever had tonight. Was all set to use my rest day after stretching, but i just couldn’t do it. Got day 17 doubles done, but had to split them up into two sets of 33 with a 1 minute rest between the sets. Excited for bed!

4 Likes

Day 16 done :white_check_mark::muscle: the last few were a little shaky to be honest :nerd_face:

7 Likes

And done…I may be able to do some off the knees as well now… :shushing_face:

6 Likes

Day 16 done! :white_check_mark: I’m definitely splitting them into sets by now! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Sadly, I had a very bad flare up of my health probs and I am on meds since yesterday :face_with_head_bandage:
So this challenge comes to an end for me here. I do hope to get back to gentle exercise in about a week or so, but I doubt I’ll be able to pick up on this challenge.

Good luck to all of you, keep on pumping!
:squid:

7 Likes

Self care comes first. I hope you get to feeling better :black_heart:

1 Like

Holy hell, day 16 done. I, too, think I’m going to have to start doing sets soon. My arms are jello but I must be getting stronger bc I only dropped to my knees like last 5 or so.

5 Likes

Ooooh try some. I’ll try tonight too.

1 Like

I did 12 full ones, over the days amount on knees.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

7 Likes

Dannnnnnnng. That sets the bar. I’ll try it.

1 Like

Day 16, 2X31. With only a couple of hours in between the two sets, as this morning I had to rush to make it to talk therapy in time. I’m stronger than I thought :sunglasses: but it does get ever harder.

8 Likes

Get well soon! Health comes first! :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

To add to @Jasty2 comment, you can also stand a step away, in front of a wall or kitchen bench, place your hands on it, then do push ups. Then take a step back as you get comfortable with it. This is how I started pushups before progressing to the ground variations. I had lost a lot of strength and become obese due to alcoholism. Glad for this challenge to keep me motivated. All the best!

1 Like

Just saw this and jumping in today. Need to double up for the days I’ve missed!

6 Likes

Day 17 doubles done.

And double quotes, why not?

Marcus Aurelius, Meditations Book 6, #2
Just that you do the right thing. The rest doesn’t matter.
Cold or warm.
Tired or well-rested.
Despised or honored.
Dying or busy with other assignments. Because dying, too, is one of our assignments in life. There as well: “to do what needs doing”

And another fantastic Shakespearean insult:

William Shakespeare, Richard III
Out of my sight! Thou dost infect mine eyes.

7 Likes

Used my saved rest day today, day 18 tomorrow!

5 Likes

I was feeling bad yesterday so I took a break.
Today I’m back, day 17 done (also yoga and full body kettlebell wo).

8 Likes

Day 17 :white_check_mark: woohoo!!

8 Likes

I did the same thing, my body was just beat up. I took a rest day from all working out. I’ll get back to it today

4 Likes

Twenty done on feet :grin:
Twenty on knees.

I’m basically an athlete now.

11 Likes