February push-ups challenge

Day 6 completed this morning :white_check_mark: I’m looking forward to tomorrow :laughing:

5 Likes

Though not directly engaged this time I am following along in my own way and looking to increase my count slightly.
I do push-ups three times a week and some people who have been around here a while know I don’t really love doing them, but understand they really are a great exercise you can do anywhere, so have been a commitment of mine.
I’m always impressed by the people who commit to this month, and the devilish planking month of pain.

This morning I got back to milestone and managed a set of 42 followed by a set of 38, after a stretch rest, for a total of 80.

I do those bastard decline push-ups.

11 Likes

Day 7, rest day, so I did 16 from day 5 and 17 from day 7 just to switch it up.
#thereisnooffseason #beastmodeon #relaxdanitsjustsomeextrapushups

Carlos Castaneda
Think about it: what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellow men. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone.

8 Likes

Day 6 done double

7 Likes

Day 7, rest day errrrr boot camp had other plans today and decided to go heavy on push ups and burpees! All good though. Rode the Peloton tonight for 30 minutes and did my stretching.

I’ve been loving these challenges and getting back into shape and it keeps me checking into this site.

Since October I have lost 20 lbs with 10 lbs coming off in the last 30 days since I’ve started riding my Peloton every day.The motivation to get in shape has been huge for crushing my urges to drink. 20 more lbs to go!

Love these challenges and love seeing everyone putting in the work to get a little better each day!

7 Likes

Day 6 done! I did doubles.

7 Likes

Day 6 done. My right wrist is not happy, so I am going to try doing them on the fist.

8 Likes

Glad today is rest day. I have some stomach flu, together with my older son were vomiting half of night and all morning. Now we are just chilling zombie mode on the bed, watching Minions.
This is very close to how i was feeling hangovered. Hanging on the wc :frowning: Sorry, TMI :sweat_smile:
I feel like shit.

8 Likes

I lost the sheet thing, so I’ve been doing ten a day. But I’m ok with that. It’s always a challenging ten!

7 Likes

It actually feels like a blessing to me to be physically sick without the guilt and shame of a hangover. Get well soon though, that’s enough spiritual growth for today, right?

6 Likes

Day 7, I decided it was my first day to do doubles :wink:

10 Likes

Fair play to you if you do these crazy feet on a step push ups. I can’t even do the regular floor kind. I’m building myself up from zero exercise so eventually hope I can get to the normal floor ones by the summer.

5 Likes

I do them by standing a few feet away from an inside doorframe, with the door open. I put my hands on the door frame on either side.

Also have to use my knuckles as my right wrist is messed up from punching really hard things many times when I was a young psycho.

You make choices…

5 Likes

After a serious accident I had to come back from nothing.
I could not do even one push-up on my knees, and took a long time to even progress to 5.
I’m not a fitness fanatic or sports person, just someone with a commitment who has plugged away for a long time to help with recovery.

10 Likes

That’s impressive, decline pushups are not the easiest out there :muscle:

3 Likes

Day 8 doubles done, worked into my training tonight. Feeling strong right now.

Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, book 4, #48
… To pass through this brief life as nature demands. To give it up without complaint.
Like an olive that ripens and falls.
Praising its mother, thanking the tree it grew on.

7 Likes

Day 8 down :muscle:

5 Likes

5am boot camp, after work Peloton 30 minutes 10.5 miles, Day 8 doubles and then stretch session. Another good day.

7 Likes

Day 7 for me. Nailed it. :wink: :orange_heart:

9 Likes

Me too! It was sooooo easy. :crazy_face::wink: I felt like I could keep doing day 7 forever. Maybe we are getting stronger. :thinking:

8 Likes