Feeling so down

Tonight is really bad. Fourth day of being sober but it is soooo hard…

I’m almost Giving in… What’s so bad just having one tiny little glass? Why can’t I just be like any other people. For example like my husband. He has one glass and that’s it… But can’t I really not just have one glass of wine???

Why is it sooooooooooooo hard

Honestly, only if you want to play Russian roulette. And you can only play for so long before you’re done. And you never know which tiny little “first drink” that’ll be.

I understand, I do. Giving up alcohol entirely, for me and many alcoholics, feels like losing so much at first, so grief and frustration and disappointment is not unusual in this kind of situation. I’m still working through these feelings myself, though they have begun to fade considerably over time and with dedicating my focus to other things (note: I’m a sober baby).

I wish I could remember which post to quote by @Yoda-Stevie. The fools weigh the risks, while the wise consider the stakes? Am I quoting that correctly? I don’t know what the risk percentage is like for you, but I’m convinced that the stakes are not worth that risk.

Fools weigh the odds. The wise weigh the stakes.

2 Likes

Thanx guys for listening. I’m in bed now. Finished day 4 sober. But today was really hard. The craving kept on at least for 2 hours… Why is it getting harder with each day passing? Good night and Thanx again for listening to my shit!

1 Like

May I ask what your doctor prescribed for dealing with cravings?

My Dr prescribed Naltrexone. It really works well for me.

2 Likes

Keep strong hun but im the same its day 4 for me now and im also really craving it im just trying to do anything and everything to keep busy. It is hard but try to think how proud you are gonna feel once its been 1 week 1 month 1 year :blush::blush: we can do this positive vibes your way​:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Day 5 of being sober. Yaaay. I’m feeling great but fearing the night that will come…

2 Likes

You are so right. I’m exactly feeling how you feel. Together we will make it! Thank you for your words. Keep strong

1 Like

I hate this fucking nights!!! Why is it that I don’t even think of alcohol during the day? And at night there is a switch in my brain somehow craving for this Dann damn glass… Is this now every night sich a battle? Please please help

1 Like

@anon35096624 & @Moochie, I think you would both benefit greatly from reading the book “This Naked Mind” by Annie Grace. It really helps you understand those cravings, what causes them, and, most importantly, how to stop them. The book honestly changed my life. You will look at alcohol in an entirely different way. Good luck and I’m glad you’re with us on the journey to sobriety!

Thank you. I will get the book. Thank you for replying

Thank you for the advices. It means a lot for me that you guys are listening to me

I used to buy on the way home from work. I used to look forward to it. When I stopped it was hard for the first coup!e of days to drive past the shop without stopping. I don’t really think about it now. Don’t get me wrong I still get cravings, but I can sit at home without thinking about it , most of the time. Keep strong.

1 Like

I would like to add podcasts to this great suggestion! I don’t use them but I know a friend of mine finds it the perfect dinner-making distraction.

I would have not believed I would make this night. But yay here I’m lying in bed. Proud of myself that I didn’t give in!!! Going to bed sober. What really helped me tonight is to think of all you guys. That I am not alone. This gives me immense strength.
This app is wonderful. Good night guys

3 Likes

Good morning Everybody. Day 6 of being sober. Feeling awesome… I never made it that far in a long long time

Yes! Almost a week! :smiley:

1 Like