First Day Clean. Need advice

Hi guys :smiling_face: So this is my first day sober… Actually wanting to quit. Could anyone give me advice or little helps that can make it easier to cope and get through this first few days? Restlessness is my enemy and a wandering mind. Any help is appreciated. :two_hearts::heart:

I am also gonna try and do a check-in to hold myself to some accountability so please check back tomorrow and leave some encouragement. Thanks so much guys! :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

12 Likes

Take it slow one day even one minute at a time. Find activities to tame the wondering mind. Work on yourself and why your doing it and how you can improve as a person beyond just quitting. Find new activities and things you enjoy to spend the time you were using. Reach out for support even if it’s just up here. You hit this

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Beth.
This is a great sober community for support.
Have a good read around on here.

Gratitude and Being active on here are some of my strongest tools in my sobriety.

Here’s a great daily check in thread many people like to use.

Join in when you’re comfortable.
Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, Beth, glad you are here. You’ll find you are in good company here. :peace_symbol::two_hearts:

Welcome to a good place to be. You want advice? Drunk water, steady but not to much, Gatorade if you like.
Don’t give away anything you are being sober from.
Flush it
It’s going to be hard to do at first. But i think it may help

Hi Beth,
Welcome here! I’m alcohol addicted myself but I know different kind of addiction has many simularities. For me I needed a kind of plan to give hands and feets to my recovery.
I share you mine and maybe it is of use for you too: 2 years sober and what helped me to get there: another tread I wanna advice you to read is:What's YOUR plan? Congratulations with your decision for a clean life.
I hope this app is going to help you as much as it helped me.

1 Like