First Year Sober

Congratulations to you too @Benedictine!!

I love the title of this, there will be many many more to come. Thank you so much for being a light in the tunnel to so many people trying to find their way with sobriety. You have inspired me and lifted me up more than I can express in words.

I am truly happy for your success and your place in this world. Congratulations.

1 Like

Congratulations, my friend.

Not only have you been a sober inspiration since day one - you have inspired me to be a more rational, intentional, motivated human. Thank you for sharing your experience and your wisdom.

I am overjoyed that you have reached this milestone. What a gift your sobriety is, and how very beautifully you model it.:heart:ļø

2 Likes

This is amazing. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your journey. Youā€™ve definitely shown us all a path to happy healthy sobriety is possible.

Keep on getting after it @Yoda-Stevie each and every day.

2 Likes

Gefeliciteerd @Benedictine

2 Likes

Will you be wearing comfy pjs when you eat ice cream? Because you should. Preferably an adult Christmas onesy. While listening to Christmas music.

You got a milestone to share @Yoda-Stevie? :grin:

It helps to read the whole thread! DOH! Well done mateā€¦ congratulations on your 1st year ā€¦ keep it going :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations @Yoda-Stevie! Thank you for all your wise words and encouragement :sunglasses::star_struck::hugs:

1 Like

fantastic!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

way to go too @Benedictine ! :slight_smile: psyched for both of you guys!

1 Like

I will be wearing my sweaty Krav Maga clothes, as I will be indulging as soon as I get home from class, and will likely be listening to the Jocko Podcast.

Yeah!!! Congrats! Have enjouyed your presence here and your infinite words of wisdom. Enjoy your celebration!

@Yoda-Stevie, congrats! You have been and inspiration and a guiding light for me. I was really broken when I got here almost a year ago and you gave me a lot of hope. You taught me to identify as someone who no longer use their DOC. Thanks for continuing to get better at getting better with us.

2 Likes

And it is official

10 Likes

You can count on it!

Congrats on getting better at getting better everyday man.

Keep inspiring.

2 Likes

Yoda, I dont really know how to begin. Your signature phrase of ā€œkeep getting better at getting betterā€ has helped me immensely. I say it it out loud to myself at times! Your level headed words of wisdom are powerful. I respect you for your service as a Veteran. Your perspectives on life and ways of living help me better put things into proper perspective. Congratulations on one year of sobriety!

4 Likes

Yeah!!! Congratulations!

All I can say is how grateful I am that youā€™re part of this community. Your words and advice have helped me more times than I can count, and from my very first day here your wisdom has been something Iā€™ve admired a great deal. You are an inspiration.

So again, congratulations on your first year sober ā€“ may it be the first of forever.

And thank you.

5 Likes

@Mephistopheles

@dot.dot.dot

5 Likes

Thank you dear lady, my sober little sister. So happy that we both have come this far, and looking forward to what lies ahead.