Fitness/Gym/Health Enthusiasts (TW gym attire, diet discussions Rules #6 and 7 apply)

Some say she’s still carrying that fridge to this day…

1 Like

Day 3 in the gym after a 3 week break due to various reasons. I had an incredibly busy morning and really didnt feel like exercising this afternoon. Took me an hour to get motivated and dressed in my gym attire but i made it! Not as strong of a workout as i wouldve liked it but at least i got it done! :muscle:

3 Likes

Just showing up and getting it done builds on that good habit.

2 Likes

Thank u!!! I think ur right. Im trying to work on being consistent rather than being perfect at every workout (which is unrealistic)

Hi all. I’m restarting my love for working out. No weights yet for me as I’m strengthening my back and core firstly. After years and years of a sedentary office lifestyle and all the booze in the world my core was jellyfish. Starting up exercise again recently led to a intercostal muscle strain on my ribs that put me out for about six weeks. But every day I did 10k steps and recovery exercises.

I’m now doing Tai chi/Pilates and yoga to strengthen the back and spine. I’m running 5k about two or three times a week and then I will embark on some weights. Gotta start somewhere right. I’m loving it and loving my body… Or starting to at least. Would love to drop another ten kilos and firm up. More important is my strength and having good core muscles to me.

You guys who do weights are too advanced for me, but I’m sticking around this thread regardless… Hoping for any intro tips on the best and most basic weight movements to introduce.

9 Likes

Just spent the last 2 days with good legs doms :rofl:
Nice to be back at it after a week off being sick!

Got some numbers up tonight on a couple of lifts feeling pretty good!

9 Likes

Just a sneaky mirror pic from my gym session on Tuesday :smiling_face:

12 Likes

So i have an update. Since ive gotten sober life has just been getting better and better. I went from struggling with my body imahe to embracing change and I’m finally starting to see and FEEL that change in my health and I’m so excited.

13 Likes

Hello to my new strangers , and people who are familiar with me in this community. I’ve been sober since my last relapse , ive been keeping busy.
Today I finished my 7/7 day workout routine , I dropped 10 pounds since last month. I’m weighing at 190 pounds right now.

Sorry for being ghost to anyone here , I’m finding peace in depending on myself outside of this app, sometimes the alcohol talk even coming from me can be a little too much for my cravings . (I’m still in early recovery) But I am still healthy , striving , and currently on a sober streak. Have a good Friday y’all !!!

12 Likes

Good to hear about your sober streak @Drew95

1 Like

@Cjp sometimes I felt like the biggest let down to this community, but what matters most right now is that I’m here and sober with you guys.

1 Like

Never quit quitting my friend. Just find that honesty and peace within yourself. We’ll be here when you need the extra support

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: I really appreciate those words. :pray:

Hi everyone I’m going to the gym today for the first time😳 I’ve looked up what to take and wear, what should I eat before I go (no banana suggestions pls🤢)and what should I use when I get there . I have no car so I don’t want to be so fucked I can’t walk home thanks in advance

2 Likes

That’s so inspiring to me …it’s my first day today I’m going for my mental health you look great btw

2 Likes

I usually focus on different things every day. When i first started ANY movement was a lot. I was almost 250 lbs at 5’2" and was previously healthy and pretty fit so it was a lot to manage.
This was the routine I started with for the first month:
10 minutes of stetching (VERY important - i always stretch every morning and before working out even when I’m sore. Its important for healing and flexibility)
5 minute warm up walk, if youre walking to the gym, that will definitely qualify as a warm up for sure.
25 body weight squats
10 lunges (each leg) i started stationary vs actually moving across a room lol
20 sit ups
10 no weight russian twists
Plank as long as i could (at first it was about 15 seconds no shame in that)
10 wall push ups because i couldnt hold my body weight yet
Then walk for a cool down again :slight_smile:
I would do that 4 times a week and on the 5th day id take my dog for a really long walk :slight_smile:

Now my routine is a little more complex as ive learned. But i did that for 2 months to start rebuilding muscle and getting my heart rate up. If you want i could send you my full routine for the week that i do now

4 Likes

Thanks! Ive actually been meaning to post an update as ive improved since that picture above its more about toning and getting stronger for me now … and cardio. Trying to be better with cardio lol… i hate running. So ive been doing little follow along dance things and fun cardio instead. The thought of aimlessly running and not being able to breath makes me want to cry lmao

2 Likes

Oh also… dont let the gym get to you. It was really intimated at first. I was really out of my comfort zone. But aside one bad interacrion with some like 13 year old kids no one ever judged me. Everyone, no matter the size, is at the gym to improve their lives in one way or another. I got more words of motivation, guidance, and praise than i ever did judgement. But i have insane social anxiety so i did eventually stop going. Now though my apartment has a gym here so i rarely ever see anyone else or have become friends w my neighbors haha

2 Likes

Thanks , I walked to the gym about a mile then I did , two lots of five minutes on the bike ,5 on the cross trainer, 5 on the rowing machine, 5 on something you pedal with your arms 5 on something you stand up on and push sideways with your legs (that was my least favourite :hot_face:) and seven on the running machine I did them all between level 3 and five . The gyms I go to is at the YMCA and it’s shut at the weekend so I did a 3 mile fast walk from my village to my meeting this morning. I don’t know if I didn’t work hard enough yesterday but nothing was aching or hurting like people told me i didn’t feel any different :woman_shrugging: The running machine was a bit confusing because I was running faster than the tread was going ? Was I doing it wrong

2 Likes

Really proud of myself today .I ran around my village I can’t believe I did it :grin:I hate people looking at me ,especially as it’s my first time and I can’t run far without stopping but I did it I tried not to think about them and I feel better in my mind today :pray:t2:

3 Likes