Foodies Unite #2

That’s so Muerican! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It really is :rofl:

1 Like

Tea biscuits were a regular thing when we’d visit my grandparents farm in Nova Scotia. A family of 16 meant lots of baked goods, as flour was affordable. Especially fresh bread and tea biscuits that my nanny would make. They had molasses on the table 24/7 to go with bread products lol. Good memories

1 Like

I live in the suburbs but we have a farm co-op with three other families. We have 30 chickens for eggs, two goats (because they’re cute), and I raised three hogs for meat.

It was a lot harder on me than it was when I was raised on a farm. I have been detached from my food source for so long.

As a family, we basically decided if we couldn’t raise it and face the way it got to the table, we shouldn’t be eating it. I have one omnivore teen and I one vegan teen.

1 Like

I thought maybe @Chiron was a pizza dipper. :rofl: I don’t dip my pizza in anything either.

So no sushi burger for you. :crazy_face: Here is my second favorite burger at
26 Beach in Venice Beach California.
They have the
O. M. G. Burger
Skippy’s peanut butter, Knots Berry Farm strawberry jam, applewood bacon, and a banana. Now that’s a burger you don’t see on many menus. And I like that too. Mind you, I would not eat either of these burgers often, but the combinations work and they are very good.

3 Likes

I’d started this thread (about a year ago it looks like, holy cow, time flies!)
Basically for folks to share their favourite restaurants or eateries, whether near or far from them. I love perusing menus!! It’s a favourite past time of mine :yum:
Thought I’d share here too in case anyone wants to add…
[Restaurant bucket list - share your faves!]

2 Likes

A bit of a stressful day :sweat: That called for some comfort food. Good old white spaghetti & meatballs. The cheese came after the photo lol :cheese: Although now I feel sluggish and ready to hibernate

7 Likes

That’s like… all the things you think you’d never put in a burger :grimacing: I could have sample but don’t think I would order a whole one. Happy that you like it, tho :sweat_smile::hugs:

@milele…!

1 Like

Same! I am pretty direct when it comes to burgers. Bacon, bleu cheese is my favorite!

1 Like

I would eat all those things but put my beef on the side. :cow2: :crab:

1 Like

I didn’t get a shot of the tacos I ate for breakfast but here’s the carnitas taco salad I am having for dinner!

7 Likes

Flour is definitely a key staple. You can do a lot and cheaply with flour. I bet your nanny was a great baker. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, I am a heathen. There will be no confession from me. Salvation is out of reach. :laughing: when I die my soul will return to the ranch vat from which it came from.

3 Likes

First snow of the winter brings out the stew.
With my favorite vegetable. Rutabaga.

And my home made boule garlic bread.
Needs more meat. But I love the veggies.

7 Likes

Beef, bacon, a grilled pineapple slice, ketchup, lettuce, garlic mayo, pickeled cucumber, sautéed onion and a thick slice of a certain strong flavoured Finnish processed block cheese (texture resembles Velveeta but idk about taste, never tried V).

Traditional street food :yum:

nice! curious about that book!

Everyday good. Butter garlic salmon with sour cream dill sauce and basmati.

10 Likes

Glazed ginger, sooo good. No additional sugar. I love it.

10 Likes

Salmon with Orange and Fennel Salad

16 Likes

No time for cooking, to busy doing home improvement. Ice cream as main course. Not bad.

15 Likes