Foodies Unite #2

That looks amazing how did you prepare the green beans? Was it on the stove or in the oven?

1 Like

I had to do a web search on beet root! I didnā€™t even know what it was. :rofl: needless to say, I donā€™t put that on my burgers and Iā€™d probably pass on it if it was offered. :laughing:

2 Likes

Just roasted in the oven. I been roasting almost all my veggies these days. They are so good. Especially carrots. Just olive oil salt and pepper. For the green beans probably 12-15 minutes in a 425 oven. Get the Taters going first for about 25 minutes. Itā€™s too easy and taste too good.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

I did not do a google search and now I donā€™t have to thanks to you :rofl:
I feel we got the same taste with our meats :rofl:

2 Likes

Very nice! I like the little bit of char on them. Iā€™m going to have to give that a go. I grew up on boiled veg or from a can with nothing on them. I grew up hating vegetables and then as an adult I discovered butter on veggies and suddenly no vegitable was safe :laughing: olive oil with salt and pepper sounds great.

Also pretty sure youā€™re right about the meat. :grin: except for hot dogs. :laughing:

1 Like

Mayo on your cheese burger?

2 Likes

Depends on the day, but sometimes. If I have homemade ranch in the fridge that is going on my burger, and maybe even some on the side to dip it in :laughing:

1 Like

This is a hilarious conversation to walk in onā€¦ could you imagine an ā€œeverythingā€ burger with all of your toppings combined? :laughing: Iā€™m intrigued by the kimchi and beetroot suggestions!

Today was another Soup Sunday. Made one of my fave comfort foods - good old chicken and rice soup with ginger and lime juice, peanuts and scallions and few thai chilis to garnish.

9 Likes

I think being a yankee I didnā€™t grow up being a ranch fan. Or avocados. I like them both now but Iā€™m very particular where they go :rofl: ranch on onions rings I found out is awesome. That was always ketchup for me. Iā€™ll dip a tater tot in ranch and enjoy it. Do you dip your pizza in ranch ? I like avocado now but not in my sandwich or taco. Itā€™s a texture thing. Love my avocado on the side or home made guacamole.

Emm your soup looks wonderful. I havenā€™t really mastered the art of a chicken and rice soup. And all your extras sound perfect @M-be-free49

2 Likes

We should do a favorite restaurant thingy item.
Or a would you eat this? Topic from restaurants.

For example. My favorite burger is in a little funky cafe called
26 Beach
in Venice Beach Cali.
And they are know for this burger here.

Chef Katsuā€™s Original California Roll Burger
angus beef, snow crab salad, avocado, pickled ginger, baby mix lettuce, tomato, nori & shoyu-wasabi-aioli

This is a fantastic burger !!!
Would you eat this?

3 Likes

No ketchup on lasagne!!

If you put ketchup on a lasagne I have made, it will be considered as blasphemy (not of me but the dish) and it will have consequences.

Yes, yes ppl eat their food in different ways but some things are just wrong :smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

If I have homemade ranch, yep. Iā€™m very selective on my ranch. I like the hidden valley buttermilk packet ranch that you make at home with buttermilk and mayo. If someone uses miracle whip, I can tell. If itā€™s premade ranch, I can tell. If the recipe is a kitchen recipe that doesnā€™t use buttermilk, I can tell. I, good sir, am a ranch connoisseur :crazy_face: :rofl:

Fun story: When I was 17, I applied for a job at Dennyā€™s to be a hostess. When asked why I wanted the job, I said that I liked the ranch there. :rofl: :rofl: Iā€™m even more amused by my younger self because after the interview was done he asked if I had any questions and I asked, ā€œYeah, when do I start?ā€ There was a long moment of silence, before he gave me a starting date. It never occurred to me that he wouldnā€™t hire me. :laughing:

@M-be-free49 Your soup looks amazing!

6 Likes

do you taste it for the whole day after? :joy:

1 Like

OK wow! Beetroot is super common. Im surprised you havenā€™t heard of it. Itā€™s so interesting the random things we learn on here!.. If you see tinned beetroot In the super market, itā€™s cheap, grab a tin to try. Itā€™s really yummy!

Yes, I would definitely eat that burger. Yum.

1 Like

I love beetroot. In tins it is almost impossible to find it w/o added sugar but it is sold cooked and in vacuum (in foil) here as well. Or fresh and raw.

Looks amazing :heart_eyes:

Yum! Is that kimchi sauerkraut just cabbage thatā€™s been fermented with the typical kimchi spices and flavors?
I love spice and have a pretty good heat tolerance now but when I didnā€™t I found it helpful to eat it with something high-fat. Like on a burger. Or a steak with a spicy chimichurri.

2 Likes

Yup. Wasnā€™t terribly spicy but I only used a touch. This is the first Iā€™ve tried of this brand. Itā€™s the one in the top row, ingredients on the right. Itā€™s product of USA and bottom row is a Canadian one. Iā€™m trying to eat more fermented food. My favourite is a sauerkraut which also has beets, ruby sauerkraut :yum: I like to mix sauerkraut in my mashed potatoes and gravy too :joy:

2 Likes

Fried eggs are popular on burgers here too :yum: Iā€™ll have to try that next time. It was a wee bit spicy lol but I only used a bit; the mayo balanced it out

1 Like