Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

Might be my favourite dish to make myself. So easy too. Just get out the bulbs, roots and tubers that clog up my veggie drawer in the fridge and throw them in the oven with a lot of olive oil for an hour or so. Halfway through add some balsamic vinegar. That’s all.

10 Likes

That looks so good.

2 Likes

Nice touch with the balsamic. I’ll have to try that this weekend on my roasted veggies.

2 Likes

Steak night at Casa G.
SRF
Ribeye for me.
Sirloin for the wife.
Sitting out with a little olive oil and salt and pepper to come to room temp.

On the grill in the cold rain.

6 minutes a side for mine.

With steak house creamed corn.
Minnie scored big time. That face :heart_eyes:
She was working it :hugs:

Here comes the meat coma :rofl:

10 Likes

Salmon and slaw. I’m trying to use up some older frozen filets - they’re not great but good enough.

8 Likes

@RosaCanDo That slaw looks like the best slaw I’ve ever ever seen!
Are those still homegrown tomatoes?
Everybody’s food looks great! Minnie looks precious.

3 Likes

Breakfast is nontraditional and delicious!

7 Likes

Fresh homegrown are long gone - I do have tons frozen in different iterations, sauce, diced, soups, etc.

1 Like

Perogie poutine :yum:

9 Likes

Omg, that bread!!! :yum::yum::yum:

2 Likes

Omg that looks so amazing. I might have to get poutine for dinner now.

1 Like

This speaks to me. And I’ve never had poutine before (gasp)

2 Likes

I’ve had perogies, and I’ve had poutine. But my first time having perogie poutine! :laughing: the cheese curds and gravy were “on point” as the youngens say :rofl:

3 Likes

So tell me about this gravy. What is it?

This is just a regular gravy. I think beef. That’s my preference for poutine :yum: (gravy vs poutine sauce)

1 Like

At the Meadow tonight and tomorrow night before we leave. Then we’re really going to start eating out :rofl:
Who-Dat BBQ Shrimp
Cajun Beer Batter, Beignets

A Pink Grouper with an andouille risotto in some kind of tomato base.

And a lovely looking bread pudding. That I DID NOT EAT :grimacing: :muscle:

Wifey’s trying to kill me :scream:

7 Likes

Today I did something different for lunch. Next door to my house is a little hole in the wall traditional Indonesian restaurant. Its very authentic. I’ve lived next to it for 5 years and never tried it till today !

Beef ribs with rice and a traditional salad called gado gado.

3 Likes

Breakfast!

4 Likes

Gingerbread cake. Happens to be gluten free (chickpea & rice flour). Will add ice cream to serve as I have no whipped cream

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let’s TACO 'BOUT FOOD (Part 3).