Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

Planted mint 2 years ago and it took over the whole herb garden.

4 Likes

Baked a tray of nachos. After a hard day’s work, we earned it. This is how you NACHO!

14 Likes

That soup looks great! I love the presentation!

1 Like

Meadow Clubhouse for dinner.
Hey :rofl: we ate lunch at home :rofl:

Who-Dat BBQ Shrimp
Cajun Beer Batter and Beignets

Fish of the Moment
Halibut and Scallops with a Gouda Polenta and a bacon onion jam.

And if you look closely they fucking put my halibut on @Runningfree a bed of fucking arugula :grimacing:
What the actual Fuuuuuck :rofl:

It was wilted arugula and it was actually pretty good. But WHY? Spinach or Kale would have worked better. But the chef never asked my opinion.

10 Likes

OMG that looks great!

Wilted Arugula sounds fancier and more appealing on the menu. :wink:

5 Likes

Speaking of… this eve… Zucchini, mushrooms, poblano, with potato added, this is a big deal for me because most of my life I did not eat too many potatoes, a baked potato here and there, almost zero French fries, then a few years ago I learned it is good and nutritious to eat potato, also to eat them with mayonnaise, and in this case with spinach and oregano on top! Bon appetit everyone.

13 Likes

I can’t say I am a big supporter of the arugula council. :joy:

2 Likes

We tried this new place tonight. Sat outside and the evening light kissed my burger and fries like angels giving their approval on my choice. :laughing:

The burger was good but it was missing an acid. It needed some kind of pickle or mustard to brighten it up just a bit. Squeezed some lemon over the meat and that actually helped.

9 Likes

Spicy Calabrese is so amazing. I think I ate a 1/2 pound after I arranged this box.

15 Likes

Scrambled egg whites topped with a little Colby Jack and a side 9f turkey bacon.

12 Likes

Lovely arrangement! Cute branding, too!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this meal is in my future. By which I mean switching from regular bacon and fewer egg yolks in my life :sob::pleading_face::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Some easy pulled pork sandwiches. Waiting for my pecan pie that’s in the oven

12 Likes

My FIRST pie!!! The recipe says I have to wait 2 hours for it to cool before I can try it :tired_face:

19 Likes

Broccoli, but mostly cheese, macaroni and cheese. With Panko topping.

12 Likes

This made me guffaw! The mystery of the hidden broccoli :face_with_monocle: It looks great, I’m a sucker for a good mac and cheese. And I like all kinds!

1 Like

My Halloween Hamburger PH and V :hamburger:

Pear, Havarti with dill, Venison
Even though it is Halloween, I truthfully could not bring myself to get my hands, even gloved, in the bloody meat to make patties.
It’s local venison without fat added. I cooked it with poblano and red onion.
Havarti, pear, avocado. It was very nice! Thanks for the idea @Dazercat
Used stuff I had at home so no buns.

@Runningfree you did a great job on your pie and yay you for shelling all the pecans too! Big yay for waiting the two hours!

11 Likes

You’re killing me here! That looks fantastic.

1 Like

I was thinking Pear of course. And I assumed havarti. Was sure what the V was. I should have known. You’ve mentioned venison before.
It looks great. Can I get my avocado on the side though? I finally love avocado but I like mine on the side. It’s a texture thing.

1 Like

@Alisa @Dazercat all this talk of pears…I bought one while shopping today. I used to be obsessed with them when I was younger but I haven’t had one in a long time.

2 Likes