Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

Lunch at Northern Pines.
Split Pea Soup.

Not bad. Too much flour. Don’t know why so many places put lots of flour in their soups.
Inspired me to make my own.

And a chef salad with parmesan garlic bread.

They ran out of turkey. The waitress said there’s a turkey shortage :scream:
It’s was still very good with extra piggy.

7 Likes

Back home for dinner at Chez Minnie
Tex-Mex Turkey stuffed peppers

With smokey red pepper crema, pickled onions, and melted cheese.

9 Likes

Just a couple small bone-in rib eye steaks from an amazing local butcher. Sous vide at 53°C for just under 3 hours, then finished on a blistering hot grill pan. Next time I’ll finish over charcoal… The only way this amazing steak could be improved.

10 Likes

:heart_eyes: I am shocked. Looks really yammy

2 Likes

@Dazercat poor dog. He is waiting to eat something patiently

1 Like

Tell me about your grill pan? I’m looking at getting one as I don’t have one :scream: just my cast iron flat pan I use for “grilling” at times. Is yours cast iron? Steel? Nonstick? (Etc).
Edit to add, I just decided to “add this
to cart” :laughing: Had to go with cast iron lol

4 Likes

Yum!! Those look great, I might have to try them with Gouda myself :smiley: Pepper Jack is such a great name, it sounds nice, we don’t have it here unforts.

2 Likes

I like your before and after pictures, really great :+1: Always nice to see the ingredients.

3 Likes

I follow a lot of hiking/ through hikers and I always love how they lay out all their gear so you can see what they bring. So I thought it would be fun to do something similar with a recipe

4 Likes

Dinner last night was a can of organic lentil soup as the base, then chopped the remaining roasted veggies (brussels sprouts, butternut squash, cauliflower and red onion), the last of some salsa roja (jarred) and salsa verde (homemade), and some tomato purée from garden tomatoes, a few extra spices, then simmered until thickened and served on Royal Blend quick cooking wild rice blend. It was sooooo tasty! I’m having it for lunch today. I love repurposing leftovers.

11 Likes

True story…

Son at 5: Mom, what is your favorite food?

Me: Leftovers

Son: That’s not food. What’s your favorite food?

Repeat two more times …

Son: Really Mom, what is your favorite food?

Son starts to cry…

Me: Pizza

8 Likes

Ha! This made me laugh!!! Your poor son just didn’t get it.

2 Likes

The funny thing to say is at the age of 25 (next week) he still doesn’t. But that isn’t true. That man (Gawd, I want to call him a boy) is pretty darned sharp! Not afraid to cry, though. I love that about him.

1 Like

13 Likes

That looks delicious!!

2 Likes

Back to the Lumberyard Brewery for lunch.

Creamy poblano chicken soup.
They do the best soups.

Pork schnitzel sandwich with horseradish sauce pickled cabbage lettuce and tomato. Meh. It was a good idea but poorly executed. And some under fried onion rings :grimacing: fuckers.

10 Likes

Good choice IMO. My wife hates it when I use my grill pan. :grimacing: I could have sent you mine :rofl:

2 Likes

Nicely done :heavy_check_mark:

I need details! :laughing: :yum:

4 Likes

What doesn’t she like about it? Just prefers bbq you mean?

1 Like