Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

Oh gosh, Scientifically it’s not blood, it’s a protein called myglobin (might be called something different in English)

I hope it tasted delicious :blush:

3 Likes

So that’s what you use it for. Our local store has just started to sell “Authentic Taco products” from Santa Maria and they’ve got a Salsa Verde I’ve been really curious about trying. I’m totally going to do this. It looks amazing :blush:

1 Like

You can absolutely use it that way! The stuff in jars or cans is often quite tart or vinegar-tasting, so you may want to season to cut that flavor a bit. Extra broth can help, even lime juice can help, or play around with other ingredients to get it to your taste. Can’t wait to hear how you like it.

1 Like

Thank you, I think we’ll try it next weekend. My oldest turns 18 and my parents are coming. My father “Invented Tacos” in our village. He loves food and watch cooking shows from all over the world. My parents owned a fast food place when we where kids, and when it was weekend at our house he wanted something else. He had seen a show about Tacos, and we started trying it in different ways. On the first Taco I ever ate we had Shrimp Salad on top of it :taco::blush: because we had never heard about guacamole by that time. Later on he invited friends and neighbors for Taco Parties instead of BBQ

He’d love to try this.

1 Like

About two weeks before bunny passed, little guy decided his birthday was February 8th :heart: We wanted to still celebrate him. I’d originally planned on making a carrot cake in his honour, however being out of water past few days meant I took the easy route :laughing:

:rabbit:

7 Likes

Zucchini and Tomato Flatbread
Lemon ricotta. Fresh herbs and honey
& chili flakes

6 Likes

Ground Chicken Buffalo Taco :taco:
On a low carb wrap of course
With onions, tomatoes and GARLIC
and I did smother them with Ranch
I made em a lil too spicy :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Lemon :lemon: Ricotta… I think I’m salivating… and I’m not even hungry!!!

1 Like

It was pretty good and only 510 calories.
Just added some lemon zest and a squeeze of half a lemon and salt and pepper and a little olive oil. There wasn’t any room for garlic unfortunately. I don’t think it would have worked. Too overpowering. Just MO.

1 Like

I cant help myself… I use minced most of the time and sautée it. Yeah, im gonna attempt this for sure. I LOVE the vegetable choices… all of it really. Gotta find some low carb flat bread. Ive seen it, now I’m gonna get it. Thanks for sharing this one!

1 Like

It was quite good I go for my dry rubs mostly but wanted some medium rare, next time I’ll have it moving @Dazercat :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I hope that myoglobin? is good for ya.

1 Like

It’s always in meat it comes from the cells and if I remember correctly it’s used to transport oxygen, it just changes color depending on cooking time. In Temps over 65 C (or something likely) it turns grey. It’s not dangerous and contains iron. So I guess it’s as good/healthy as a piece of meat. I can’t eat meat that’s just a little pink myself. But for some reason strange fact like this gets stuck in my brain. :joy: I also remember Disney songs, movie lines, old commercials and other things I’ve heard or read that’s useless to know.

2 Likes

I love having lots of options in the fridge for a lunchtime salad. A bed of baby greens, then spicy citrus cilantro slaw (the serranos were hot!) and some of the juice for dressing, a half cup of farro, blanched asparagus, some cubed chicken and some crumbled queso fresco. Fresh tasting and filling but not heavy. Leftovers are less boring when you can change up the components or application.

5 Likes

I was going to tag you in on my salad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Cleaning out my fridge too.

Here’s my Impeachment Salad. :crazy_face:
Finishing off the Flank Steak
Pistachios for crunch.
Sharp white cheddar.
Bells Spinach and Greenleaf
Purple onion and Broccoli
Honey Crisp Apples

@ProofOfLife
And I made my lemony garlic with a just a dab of grey poupon olive oil vinaigrette.

3 Likes

So happy my picky little guy ate some rainbow trout! Well, a little bit of it at least. I made a soy maple syrup marinade and baked in oven on parchment. He won’t do crispy (“crunchy” meat texture) lol :maple_leaf:

5 Likes

Beautiful. Good job, kiddo! Rainbow trout is a favorite, and we can get it really nice and locally caught in season here. Looking forward to that soon!!!

1 Like

Nice! I love these kinds of salads…making way for the next meal! We are going through a lot of leftovers right now and I have to resist the urge to cook until later this week.

1 Like

My wife made Hamburger Pie.
Burger sautéed with onion, can green beans. Topped with mashed potatoes and velveeta cheese. It was so good.

Nice to have the night off again.

3 Likes

Kind of like a shepherds pie 8sh

1 Like