Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

Wow @AyBee !!
@Juli1 that looks delicious and very comforting too! Mmm on the smell with the nutmeg… similar to a quiche… I will make that sometime! I have a friend who makes something very similar, the pasta, spinach and cheese, would love to have it again soon!
Cute photo bomber @Dazercat ! Your first meal for her!!! "Gramps, will you please make me some more of your shepherds pie and bread pudding?? :revolving_hearts: :baby: :revolving_hearts: "

One of my favorites, eggplant and mushrooms, poblano, garlic and fresh ginger. Thanks to a suggestion from somebody here, I now oftentimes eat it in a wrap also.
Bon appetit everyone, food is life!

12 Likes

12 Likes

OMG… :grin:

Just put some fried onion rings on and wait till someone explode. :wink:

What are these? I’ve never heard of it. Looks interesting and nearly everything with cinnamon is good. :wink:

1 Like

I this an adult hand or is this ice humongous? :astonished:

1 Like

Lol it’s an adult hand, mine. I have small hands but it was 2 scoops of ice cream so it was pretty big. Took me a while to eat it all

3 Likes

Congratulations to the new human, who lives with you, and to you! :baby:t2:

2 Likes

What’s up with your hen? Do they watch some scary movies mixed with romcoms on Netflix? :thinking:

1 Like

Hell ya…next time!

1 Like

Yay or nay?

:-1::-1::-1:

4 Likes

That’s a hard no from me

0f8b6f6b289ba7fb22f8472fd42843ea4598b9c25b0de788226cca5cdc29bd43.0

3 Likes

I’ve never even tried chicken and waffles together so I don’t think I would be down for that on a pizza.

2 Likes

The dispersion of the toppings looks well thought out though :joy:

@Runningfree
I finally got my chicken and waffles fix in Santa Monica a few years ago. I thought it sounded weird but it works. I highly recommend. Once and awhile.

2 Likes

I pride myself on trying everything once or even twice (perhaps this is a stance I should re-think as an addict). I’d eat it but I wouldn’t be excited about it. I don’t have foods that I won’t eat but I wouldn’t order it on a menu.

4 Likes

That’s precisely my attitude! I think it’s a good way to look at it. I will say I might break that rule for those crazy spicy chili peppers or dishes that are just dangerously spicy.

3 Likes

I’m in for those too! I just made a version Nigerian Jollof rice with a whole habanero because I had read about it in a few books.

It’s a good attitude. I try everything and end up eating a lot of weird foods. :yum:

4 Likes

Oh yum on the jollof rice!!! I had some Nigerian friends I worked with back in the day and went to some epic parties with amazing food.

My guts just can’t handle too much heat these days, though I have never been into the super spicy stuff (I used to try, though!). My drinking career may have had an impact, though it’s also genetic it seems. A lot of acid reflux and gastric problems on both sides of my family.

I will say that pairing habanero with fruit like they do in the YucatĂĄn (and other places) is something I can actually tolerate! I wonder if the fruit helps balance the chile.

2 Likes

I would definitely try habanero and fruit.

1 Like

Seems like a lot but i love chicken and waffles so i would try it! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART! (Part 5).