Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

There goes my dinner of tomorrow. My son asked if he could bring the leftovers of the lasagna with him to his mom :blush:

10 Likes

Yes 5 minutes. I was using tomatoes up out of the greenhouse. Wasnt fancying but it worked a treat. :+1:

1 Like

I had Nova Scotian scallops that I needed to cook :anchor: I forgot we were going to my FIL’s for supper and didn’t want to leave them another day in fridge.
Normally I cook all at once and they kinda steam/boil due to moisture content, but this time I did in two batches and got a better sear :yum: not perfect but better than my usual.
I want to eat them all! But I’ll wait and stink up the office tomorrow for lunch. Muhahaha :laughing:

13 Likes

Hmmmmm! I also like it with zuchhini, paprika, pumpkin or sweat potatoe and feta…
Orrrrr artichokes :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Uhmygosh! It’s Sunday!
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Low carb dinner:

• Bresola with olive oil, parmesan
    and cherry tomatoes
  • Eggs soft as wax, chili, anchovies,
    avocado and cherry tomatoes
  • roasted chickpeas chili barbecue
11 Likes

It is, in fact, a thing! From britannica.com:
“Of course some of this dislike may come down to simple preference, but for those cilantro-haters for whom the plant tastes like soap, the issue is genetic . These people have a variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves.”
Edit to say cilantro=coriander

6 Likes

Oh, for sure. A special splurge for my husband’s birthday.

3 Likes

I love the look of your plate with eggs :heart_eyes: It all looks beautiful and very tasty. I have a thing for pretty, colorful foods.

5 Likes

:yum: :heart_eyes: Deeeeelish.

1 Like

You can wake me up for those, yummie!

1 Like

Working on my home made gravy skills @Olivia :wink:
I got them :blush:
2 Sundays in a row.
Smothered Chicken in gravy with mashers.

14 Likes

15 Likes

I want this right now! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Me too! :yum::yum::yum::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

@Runningfree if I wasn’t planning breakfast for dinner I’d do it, too. :sweat_smile:

It was really yummy!! I was wishing for some avocado but plain egg, cheese and bacon was pretty good :yum:

3 Likes

I doubt that this will go well with your colleagues. I once sat in a coach with Corsica as destination. The tour took us around 26 hours and somebody took out a roll with minced meat and fresh onions at the start. To say nobody was pleased is would be an euphemism.

1 Like

Thank you for this really helpful and interesting information. :+1:t2: :astonished:

2 Likes

“O soapy flavour / Why pollutest thou my food? / Thou me makest retch,” reads one of the hundreds of haikus posted to the website IHateCilantro.com

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature.2012.11398

I’ve never heard of this until now.

4 Likes