Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

My Gen X Canadians might remember Muffy, the mouse from Today’s Special :laughing:

6 Likes

Nope. 10101

1 Like

Haha! Not sure if my fellow Canadians are old enough, or would remember this this show from early 80s @Its_me_Stella @mx_elle @Matt @Apollo_666 @Butterflymoonwoman @Astro

7 Likes

Ah ok. We didn’t have cable either but likely different programming

1 Like

Hahaha yes @Salty and I am cracking up at Eric’s determination to remain Canadian. :rofl:

5 Likes

Absolutely! That one, and…

1 Like

I saw this!

1 Like

And here’s my camping cake for hubby so I don’t get derailed lol

14 Likes

And just to stay on topic. That camping cake looks tremendous @Salty

8 Likes

Chip wagon poutine. Regular for me (gravy & cheese curds) and hubby’s also has pulled pork & bbq sauce added. Oh my arteries

12 Likes

Lunch today, tomato, cheddar and mayo on bakery rye. So simple but so good.

11 Likes

Half of a 5 oz ribeye, buttery garlicky potato rounds, grilled red onions and bell pepper and a mushroom thyme gravy. This is epic.

14 Likes

Pork sausage rigatoni in a cream sauce with yellow bells, tomatoes, and lemon zest.

15 Likes

Is poutine something what one should be know? I read it here quite often?

Sorry for the dumb question.

4 Likes

Definitely a very popular Canadian food. My preference is for fries to be deep fried vs baked, and squeaky cheese curds are a must for me over shredded cheese that some places serve. I don’t have a deep fryer so it’s always a tasty splurge every now & then

9 Likes

Thank you for the information! My English teacher is Canadian. I will ask her about it. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

12 Likes

A Napoletan style pizza. On a date with my Man :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

10 Likes

I used to get questions about Canadian foods from my students when I worked overseas. A lot of the foods that are unique to Canada have their origins in the Canadian farmers and traders of previous centuries. There’s a good list here, with some things you might be interested to try cooking on your own, if you’re feeling adventurous!

@Salty - you’ll be happy to know Atlantic provinces are responsible for a good number of these :innocent:

6 Likes