Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

I’m in for those too! I just made a version Nigerian Jollof rice with a whole habanero because I had read about it in a few books.

It’s a good attitude. I try everything and end up eating a lot of weird foods. :yum:

4 Likes

Oh yum on the jollof rice!!! I had some Nigerian friends I worked with back in the day and went to some epic parties with amazing food.

My guts just can’t handle too much heat these days, though I have never been into the super spicy stuff (I used to try, though!). My drinking career may have had an impact, though it’s also genetic it seems. A lot of acid reflux and gastric problems on both sides of my family.

I will say that pairing habanero with fruit like they do in the Yucatán (and other places) is something I can actually tolerate! I wonder if the fruit helps balance the chile.

2 Likes

I would definitely try habanero and fruit.

1 Like

Seems like a lot but i love chicken and waffles so i would try it! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART! (Part 5).