Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

Ah, right on! I hadn’t seen that but I knew you were avoiding desserts. I was just looking for the magic healthful mocktail :kissing_heart: I tend to use fruit juices in mine and since I stopped using them in my smoothies (too much sugar), I realized I ought to not use them in mocktails, either, at least not other than a splash. Guess I have some Googling to do.

2 Likes

I remember some or a couple of them had agave syrup. If I’m not making them I don’t remember what’s in them :grimacing:

2 Likes

Oooo I love this! I will have to check it out. I’m a native New Yorker and a lover of Katz’s! So much of what you post makes sense now. I am going to check out Magnolia Cafe now…I tend to eat pretty healthily, and love anyone that does it really well💛

2 Likes

That gelato is worth it for a treat every once in a while. I’ve given up on my no added sugar. I’ve noticed most of the time I don’t do crazy and I went 10 days without. That was my longest streak lol

2 Likes

Even though I’m from Boston I love New York. I hardly ever go there. His was not the Katz’s deli everyone knows about in NYC. His dad owned Meyers Deli?? I think, on Delaney or Houston st. Can’t remember. But we had real pastrami shipped in from New York. And real New York Cheesecake. The Baby Watson. And Lexington Avenue Egg Creams. I made one for Sissy Spacek one night. She said it was the best Egg Cream she ever had :joy: It was love at first sight. In my dreams :joy: It was a lot of fun teaching Texans about Deli food.

2 Likes

I’m going to re-evaluate after I get my 1 year. Not sure how that’s going to work. But I’m not starting now. 2 more months. :grimacing:
And ya it is. If I only do it once and awhile.

3 Likes

Chicken marsala, ptotaos, vegetables.

12 Likes

I would definitely say that I’m in the same camp. If there is some kind of unique mocktail (or even dessert), I’m more interested but I don’t want to get sugared up on something that is an ‘everyday’ kind of thing.

2 Likes

Aww. My mom always liked a chicken Marsala. Looks nice. Not a fan of Marsala though. I prefer to use a Cabernet. And it works nicely.
Enjoy.

2 Likes

Sweet corn. Actually canned corn. But ok. Sweet corn and poblano chowdah with old bay toast.

10 Likes

I’d never had it or heard of chicken marsala until I worked at a restaurant that served it. I never learned to make it well at home. I have it on rare occasions at a restaurant. This one was pretty good. Chicken was grilled with some smokiness. Never herd of using a cab for this though! Very interesting!

2 Likes

Sorry guys but this is laden with calories and sugar so I feel kinda bad sharing but also proud because omfg soooo good!
I baked a special afternoon treat for us all today. Meant to be choc chip scones but idk what I’d call it. No quite a scone, not quite a cake but it’s gooooood!
This can be the dessert that follows all the delicious looking meals posted above :joy:

13 Likes

Those look so amazing! The chocolate looks nice and gooey. Absolutely the best.

3 Likes

Here it is next to a regular egg from the girls - which are more like a standard 60g egg. We do get small white ones from the big fluffy chooks but I didn’t have any to compare to - it would’ve made for a much more dramatic comparison.

15 Likes

Good Monday morning! Two egg scramble with fresh thyme and leftover diced tomato, red onion and marinated portobellos. Oh, and feta.

10 Likes

Post workout fuel

11 Likes

I follow this thread for the Minnie photo bombs! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Mid morning, post dog walk and workout snack: Greek yogurt, berries, basil and mint.

12 Likes

It just hit me! (I’m a little slow) You had a special dog named Max, now you have an awesome Minnie (Mini) !! Random thoughts just pop in my head, I wasn’t even on the app! :heart:

2 Likes

Lol. Ya we had a Minnie Max duo for awhile. :joy:
When we rescued Minnie her name was Skinny Minnie because she was so skinny. Emaciated was more like it when they rescued her. I don’t like changing names so we just dropped the Skinny and fattened her up. She’s so sweet.

3 Likes