Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

Agreed! Speaking of good ingredients treated well…your starberry pull and the resulting foods (particularly the strawberry jalapeño jam) all look :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

4 Likes

It taste pretty darn good. Just got the last 1/3 in the freezer. The jalepeno strawberry jam is crazy good. A cracker, a little cream cheese and a dollop of the jam…a good afternoon snack…

5 Likes

Rest of the jam

Tops soaking in vinegar for salad dressing

12 Likes

So did you open a restaurant or what?
I can’t even imagine 42 pounds of strawberry picking and we went through a lot of strawberries at Magnolia Cafe.
The jalapeño jam sounds awesome.
I just had some incredible jalapeño smoked bacon. Pics later.

3 Likes

Big huge bag of rhubarb got dropped off to me! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

I am running a little behind on my pics… this is eggplant, mushrooms and red pepper, ginger and garlic, one of my favorites! Wow on all your strawberry stuff! Wonderful, @Thirdmonkey

6 Likes

Camping supper the other night

11 Likes

Chicken shawarma and homemade pita

Homemade tacos de birria and salsa

12 Likes

Lol, no. Ms monkey, her sister and I went picking…we each grabbed what was suppose to be a 10 lb container to put the berries in…we might have overloaded on them. All that will be spread between us, her sister, her daughter and son…

3 Likes

Blueberries and Raspberries will be picked in July and August

6 Likes

Father’s Day Brunch at the Meadow.
I wish I was 30 years younger. I could have done some real damage. But I don’t eat like that anymore. Just can’t.

Started off at The Smoked Meat Clothesline.
Turkey Bacon.
Jalapeño Smoked Bacon And some sausage.
But grabbed something healthy on the way back to the table.

Honey granola yogurt berry parfait and vanilla infused fruit cup.

Then on to the carving station for some surf and turf.
Roasted dry aged swordfish loin and some prime rib.

I think they out rared me :scream:
I’m not going to say it was too rare. But I seriously think it moved :flushed:

Then I finished up with some chicken and GF waffle.

And since it was real maple syrup it’s not added sugar so I’m keeping the no sugar thing alive and well.

10 Likes

And the frozen ones

8 Likes

I’ve been curious about this…how does that work with the mocktails you have? Do none of them have simple syrup and use maybe agave syrup instead? And then that counts as no added sugar?! I’m intrigued - because if this is the case maybe I can get in on this!

5 Likes

I was just going to ask about mocktails too… almost always sweetened…
Inquiring minds want to know @Dazercat :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m super proud of him! Our food Daddy, @Dazercat
He’s not eating those fabulous nicest looking desserts I’ve ever seen in my life, he’s not eating bags of cookies and candy bars at a time and he’s not eating all those delicious Talenti ice cream that he and @Runningfree ate all the time!

3 Likes

Went shopping for patio lights and came home with a new charcoal grill. My guy had this model when we lived in Tucson and had to leave it behind. He says they have made some improvements, but his favorite aspect is the cast iron grill grates. Couldn’t pass up the Father’s Day sale! So of course we had to grill again. Sandwich cut 5 Oz Ribeye steaks, some veg and some leftovers from yesterday. He also grilled some other meats for meals this week. Happy fella!

10 Likes

This thread is on fire lately!!! :fire::fire::fire:

@DylanL ALL of that looks incredible. Seriously incredible.

@Thirdmonkey this food prep is, imho what it’s all about

@Dazercat that Father’s Day brunch :exploding_head: . Also….Magnolia Cafe? Is this a place you owned?

3 Likes

Here’s the thread.

Don’t know if you’ve seen it before.

If a recipe calls for or has sugar in it I don’t worry about it. Like @Alisa said. It’s the sweets. The bags of cookies and chocolates and yes the Gelato Jennifer turned me on too. Oh it was so good @Runningfree

I do try to get my mock tail without simple syrup. That’s why I don’t usually do Virgin daiquiris or Virgin other stuff. I always ask if the bartender has created something special and out of the ordinary.

I use to run a place called Magnolia Cafe in Austin @ELY83 with another lovely lady named Karen. 24 hour cafe.
https://www.austinmonthly.com/a-love-letter-to-magnolia-cafe-west/

I was never an owner. But I ran 2 twenty four hour restaurants at separate times for about 12-15 years each, all while waiting tables. One was a New York Deli. First Kosher Deli in Austin Texas. Katz’s Deli and Bar. And the other was a laid back hippie healthy veggie righteous food stoner type of place. :joy: Magnolia Cafe. Moving from one to the other was like night and day. And they were both on 6th street/Lake Austin Blvd. sorry to brag. But I was a bit of an icon being on that street 30 years. Hard work but lots of fun.

7 Likes

You should have seen the desserts on the Father’s Day brunch today. I walked right past them. Thanks for the kudos :hugs:. And that Talenti. What a bender that turned out to be. :scream: Great stuff.

3 Likes

Most of the ones if not almost all don’t have simple syrup. Yuck! I didn’t even like simple syrup when I did drink. I usually list the ingredients like at the Hacienda last week or so. I know one had fresh muddled strawberry. Or fresh pineapple. And all my smoothies are no added sugar. Just sugar from the fruit. And that’s natural so I’m ok with that.

4 Likes