Foodies Unite #6 (trigger warning food) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE CRUST!

Selection of insects.

Was just thinking about you @Sabrina80 :see_no_evil: I touched it but hesitated buying it. Finally didn’t. :grimacing:

A friend wrote me she ate ants in Peru (she is living in Bolivia) and could not really recommend it.

13 Likes

Wow! I think I’d consider adding to our diet but only if it came preground :grimacing::rofl:

5 Likes

Awesome! Where did you find them?
Sadly I won’t ever get to know the taste, found out that people with allergies (dust, hayfever) should avoid eating insects.

5 Likes

In Edeka. They had another company as well and a insect protein bar for only 2.99 per bar :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Gosh @Diamonster they’re in nice little packets, great for your bike rides or your train trip!
( I’m not ‘there’ yet )

3 Likes

I googled it. Due to current nutritional legislation in EU their portfolio is still limited. I really don’t know. But know I know I might have to try but without knowing, being blind. It will be challenging.
I remember when I was in Japan some years ago. They also have some really interesting dried stuff. Not only beef jerky or dried pork.

3 Likes

Corned beef stew.

13 Likes

Best meal ever after 26k hike :laughing:

Couscous with zucchini, red pepper and carrots.

I sliced the veggies at home this morning :innocent:

14 Likes

Summerrolls :u5408:

Love these packages stuffed with tons of veggies and some surimi and tofu for the protein (had some more on another plate :sweat_smile:)

14 Likes

Woww! That looks amazingly fresh! :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Raffaello style protein balls! :ok_hand:t2:

Roasted almonds, vegan vanilla protein, almond aroma, shredded coconut, water

That’s it… No insects :grin::pray:t2:
@Sabrina80 @Diamonster

15 Likes

Pesto
with sunflower seeds
As the bazil was getting withered :leaves:

12 Likes

It was… Need to do them more often these days, as it’s getting spring and the veggies are getting better too.

It had red and yellow peppers, cucumber, carrot, soja bean sprouts, mango, avocado, coriander… :orange_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

I absolutely love camping :grin: perhaps I need to find some friends that like it to and just go for it :slightly_smiling_face:
Be safe, have fun and did looks tasty :yum:

5 Likes

Looks delicious… I would like to enjoy some outdoor meal after sports too. :pray:t2:

Let’s go @Twizzlers :smiley:

5 Likes

I love fresh veggies from the farmer’s market. Leftover basmati rice from yesterday with fresh spinach, young garlic and young onions, topped with white cheese.

11 Likes

Breakfast.

14 Likes

Leftover hamburger soup wifey made while I was gone.

And a piece of sourdough toast.

12 Likes

A deviation from the usual pizza this Saturday due to my oven stopping working just as I took the first pizza out. I always make my son’s first so he was alright but then I had to improvise for my daughter’s one. I ended up using the air fryer and decided to fold this one in half.

15 Likes

Monster sandwiches! Mine was turkey, bacon, muenster cheese, lettuce, sprouts, tomato, cucumber, avocado, mayo and mustard. My husband had a more Italian style sub with salami, ham, swiss cheese, giardiniera, veg, etc. We are stuffed and I can’t believe I ate all of mine…what’s the name for a combo of lunch and dinner? Linner? Dunch? Our vision was achieved, however. Hope you enjoy our epic sandwich photo shoot. :sunglasses:

15 Likes