Foodies Unite #6 (trigger warning food) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE CRUST!

On my way over!!

3 Likes

Haddock fish balls made with tom yum paste and spring onions served with samphire, sweetcorn, edamame, carrot and basmati rice.

15 Likes

We stopped by our old stompin grounds in Santa Monica. At The Courtyard Kitchen

REJUVENATOR
orange juice, beets, mixed berries

PROTEIN OMELET
egg whites - spinach - grilled chicken breast - cheese blend sliced avocado
With fruit. And turmeric raisin toast.

When I first lived here I thought who the hell puts turmeric and raisins in toast. It so works!! :yum: so glad it’s still on the menu.

10 Likes

My go to when I’m sick (and also sick and tired of my husband “cooking” for us, aka picking up food on the way home). I spent a few minutes doctoring up a couple cans of basic beef vegetable soup with some leftover tomato soup, rice and grains blend, frozen veg and fresh spinach. Lots of garlic, paprika, Italian spices and whatever spices looked good. It’s thicker consistency than the brothy soup, which I like now that I’m feeling hungry again. And now I’m exhausted but it tastes good to me and that’s a relief - I’m grateful I have my appetite back! Lots of beautiful stuff happening on this thread, amigos!

13 Likes

I second that, @Tito23! I need to make us a good old fashioned Mexican meal soon.

5 Likes

Get yourself a lovely cake, Colin! Happy early birthday! Mine is soon, too, fellow Aquarius. (Jan 31)

4 Likes

BLT with my vary own bacon. Another food item I will not be buying from the store again. Going to call the butcher and order a pork belly.

16 Likes

Anyone having trouble finding decent produce? It took me going to 3 stores to find tomatoea for dinner…and the bulk of the tomatoes were horrible?

4 Likes

I had to have a little chuckle with a recent outing to a chain restaurant with kiddo. Look at the colourful tasty pasta (chicken mushroom fettuccine with Alfredo sauce).
Here’s two of their photos:

And here was my dish :joy: I expected sliced chicken breast but it was tiny squishy cubes of lukewarm chicken and sauce. Was worth a try!

12 Likes

Assholes! Booooo

3 Likes

I still ate it though :laughing:I think I had flashbacks to the time mum bought “I feel like chicken tonight” sauce from the early 90s :joy: Just that kinda processed sauce flavour

13 Likes

Omg yes! I was showing Eric these commercials not too long ago!

2 Likes

That bacon looks amazing…please describe how it turned out! Flavor?

2 Likes

Rotel Southwest Chicken…super easy basically chicken, tomato, and rice. I skipped adding cheese

14 Likes

I did not skip the cheese tonight :grimacing:
I’ve been skipping the cheese too. Those cheese dairy calories and cholesterol points add up quickly. I don’t miss them.

Back to work over here.
Made my daughter’s fave fettuccine Alfredo.

And the timing was perfect. She got to eat it hot.

13 Likes

I’m still on a diet and will be much longer.

Thanks for posting these delicious meals, you monsters!:smiling_imp::wink::smile:

6 Likes

I’ve been wanting to try making bacon too. I live in apple territory so apple wood smoke would be my first choice. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Biang biang noodles with chicken, cavolo nero, red pepper and mapo seasoning.

15 Likes

Yum!!! I’d devour that (edit: minus the pepper for me lol)
I’m so glad your daughter got a hot meal. I don’t think I had one for kiddo’s first year of life :laughing: Good job :hugs:

2 Likes

Oven baked cod with butter & herbed garlic sea salt (kept it fairly plain for kiddo), wild rice blend, roasted broccoli and sautéed tomatoes

16 Likes