Foodies Unite #6 (trigger warning food) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE CRUST!

Made it @EarnIt
Fish Chowdah at Dukes

FISH TACOS
grilled, flour tortillas, tomatillo sauce, cabbage, pico de gallo, queso fresco, tortilla chips

I think it was Mahi Mahi Salty.

And we saw 3 dolphins heading to Santa Monica. You can barely see one of them here.

13 Likes

I’ve never had this! Want to try one day.
Hmm I have a bit of leftover cod. Perhaps I’ll try making a fish taco tomorrow! Yours looks tasty

6 Likes

BOGO chuck roast, baked with cherry tomatoes, petite red potatoes, carrots and onion. :blush: Seasoning was a little too spicy for the kids ( they still liked it, but said :hot_face:) it was super good to me :blush:

I cut the meat into chunks to make it go further and be sure everyone had some :blush:

12 Likes

That looks sooo good!

2 Likes

It was so good! And minimal effort :sweat_smile: i let my oven do all the work :relaxed:

2 Likes

This is my first time cooking beef stirfry from scratch! I cut everything up myself lol Made the marinade and sauce. Cooked it myself even (was trying to pass off the cooking to my hubby, but he told me id never learn that way… which is true). It had flank steak, broccoli, mushrooms, snow peas, red, yellow, and green pepper in it, all on a bed of rice.

15 Likes

Looks delicious. Howd it taste?

3 Likes

Thank you!! It was really good! Not too overpowering on the flavor. The instructions were well written :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Soup
Mirepoix… carrots, onions, celery… … bell pepper, fresh garlic, poblano, lots of tomatillos, about ten, zucchini, white potato, one pound of spinach… lots of fresh thyme and oregano. The tomatillos and poblanos give it such a fresh, bright taste… I love cooking w tomatillos, traditionally have a lot, gotten away from it a little the last few months, but back to it.
Bon appetit everyone, all the food looks great.

8 Likes

Stir-frying always ends in a mushy pulp for me.:confused:

3 Likes

Indish curry with cauliflower, brussels sprouts and potatoes. Ayurvedic basmati with healing effect.

Roasted spices are cardamom, black mustard seeds, coriander and fenugreek seeds.

Curry paste was made of onion, garlic, chili and fresh coriander.

Tastes good :green_heart:
Feels good :yellow_heart:

9 Likes

I like cream cheese and toast better than tthe bagel, only because this batch of GF bagels was DRY.

All the capers…

9 Likes

On rye?

What no arugula?
Morning sunshine :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Gluten-free rye is a travesty.

If I had arugula, it’d be on there!

Looks like you had a perfect Malibu day!

If you’ve never been to Malibu Seafood, you really should. You don’t have to eat there, just grab it to go.

4 Likes

Getting in a healthy Cali breakfast room service before we hit the road.
Steel Cut Oats and fruit. Fuck. Lots of fruit.
I can’t eat all that fruit.

And their oatmeal banana peanut butter smoothie @Salty is fantastic. :yum:

10 Likes

Sometimes when I get to California, I just stand in the middle of the produce section and cry tears of happiness. This is my normal Mexico time, so I am really missing all the fruits. At Walmart in Cabo, you can buy cut fruit for like $2 a pound. Amazing.

6 Likes

I get it.
That and the seafood always seems better over here too. I guess there aren’t too many halibut where you live or AZ. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
And don’t get us going on the avocados :avocado:

4 Likes

These loaves just keep getting sexier!

15 Likes

15 lbs pork belly curing

Now onto homemade bologna…i always wanted to do things like this…sobriety brought me here

12 Likes

I love following your foodies adventures @Thirdmonkey

5 Likes