Foodies Unite #6 (trigger warning food) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE CRUST!

I fry the sides on a pan in fat and then cook in the oven as low as I have time.

2 Likes

Sometimes I do this, too. Then a pan sauce from the fond it created.

1 Like

And I’m suppose to be on a diet… lol

13 Likes

That’s one loaded pizza! Is that lettuce on it?

1 Like

I think everything but lettuce. It was bomb. Diet officially ruined :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s artichokes that I’m seeing then. Love artichokes!

I have never heard of mustard pickles (US here) so I Googled them. I must say I’m intrigued.

3 Likes

I just made a wonderful salad…no picture. It was a broccoli, roasted almond and dried cranberry salad. How I have always had it was with a mayonnaise “dressing”. I made it with an avocado mouse dressing. The dressing was: 2 avocados, juice from a lemon, 2 tblspoons olive oil, salt and pepper.

That dressing was divine!

Cooking my bologna now. I have a gut feeling this will take a nother try at it. We shall see in a couple hours.

6 Likes

Bostonian breakfast when i was on vaca. One is a savory french toast and the other is a sweet french toast. Note, this is also one slice of toast.

12 Likes

Homemade bologna…

0 out of 10 stars

Smells of feet (smelled so bad…Ms. Monkey wouldnt even try…even when I said, "if you love me you will try it)

A strange spongee consistency

Taste…last about 1.5 seconds in my mouth before i spit it out.

It did have the exact color of bologna.

Back to the drawing board and finding a new recipie

11 Likes

Oh no! Well, this is how we learn.

2 Likes

After resting a lot today I finally felt a burst of energy and decided to dive in on some veggie packed tuna and rice casserole. I used canned cream of mushroom soup (lower sodium) because I had it on hand. Used the last of some Colby and Jarlsberg in the casserole and Parmesan with bread crumbs on top, all freshly grated. We won’t eat it till tomorrow because casseroles are better the next day and we’d already had our dinners. Can’t wait to try it! Had to put a baking sheet on the rack below because I over filled the pan, whoops. Glad it crisped up a bit on top after taking the foil off halfway through. Should keep my husband fed for a few days!

15 Likes

I think i will leave it to the professionals.

2 Likes

It looks great

2 Likes

Hubby’s breakfast. Using up some of the new hot sauce :laughing: My breakfast had eggs & fruit, no ham, and different (grainy) bread. White for him

12 Likes

Breakfast at my desk

11 Likes

Muffins hot from the oven on a snowy blustery day. A sprouted grain flour mix (spelt, buckwheat, millet & flax flours). I added some 70% dark chocolate chunks to get my boys to eat them :laughing:

15 Likes

Brunch. Chorizo and eggs, refried black beans, queso fresco, etc. So good as we procrastinate clearing snow outside! :snowflake:

16 Likes

Huevos Rancheros from yesterday’s brunch.
Salad for dinner (All the blue cheese!)
Breakfast with my daughter. No plain arugula at the store, so a salad with arugula in it.

16 Likes

Oh snap! Poppies on Blue! That’s the pattern I grew up with. My dad still keeps it around today even though it’s discontinued. My mom passed about four years ago and she really loved the stuff. He keeps it going as an homage :heart:

3 Likes