Foodies Unite #6 (trigger warning food) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE CRUST!

How ironic! All of my plates, bowls and even most of my cups came from my mom. She passed almost 10 years ago. I have so much of her stuff because I couldn’t bare to part with it

4 Likes

I have been on this thread almost daily without posting any of my own food for months :joy:. Truthfully, the food hasn’t been that interesting (and it still isn’t!) but food prep for the week:

-Turkey chili loaded with veggies
-homemade GF chicken tenders with roasted sweet potatoes and garlicky greens (kale and spinach)

I have to say, I tried a new method for the tenders where they said to make an egg “batter” rather than just using egg. It was egg, S&P, garlic and onion powder, Mayo and Dijon. It was also supposed to be a few tablespoons of GF flour, but I didn’t have any…so I skipped it. It turned out great! The flour wasn’t missed, the seasonings and Dijon provided added flavor and the Mayo seemed to keep the chicken moist. All in all, I think I’ll be using this batter technique in the future!

13 Likes

I think all food is interesting. I always want to know what other people are cooking and eating. Sometimes, when I am at a loss of what to eat, it helps when someone posts something that looks good, no matter how detailed or simple it is.

All of that looks delicious and I am feeling particularly partial to that chili!

8 Likes

Looks great! No crumbs on the chicken? Just the egg/mayo mix & spices? They crisped up nicely!

3 Likes

Vegan mushroom stroganoff (my daughter is spending a couple of days here).

13 Likes

Just cut into the tuna casserole and it’s so pretty! Tastes great, too.

13 Likes

That is a pretty casserole! @RosaCanDo

3 Likes

Oops sorry yes! It was the egg batter and then Alexia Gluten Free Italian Breadcrumbs. I didn’t even doctor them up like I’d usually do (adding extra salt, garlic, seasoning etc) and they were really flavorful!

3 Likes

I would be satisfied to eat both pieces and nothing else.

1 Like

2 Bean Enchilada Casserole
Black bean, Pinto, onion, poblano, sauce and cheese and corn torts.

I went to put it in the oven and I forgot to hit the start button when I preheated it :grimacing: so the oven was still cold :grimacing: I got to quit eating out. I’m loosing it.

10 Likes

That looks great. Sometime please how do you do that? Did you roll up the corn tortillas w something ( the two beans?) in them or just put in there. Guessing you poured canned enhirara sauce over it. Cheese. More beans and cheese. Yum.
Eight min for oven to heat up. Deep breaths! You’re not losing anything, friend.

2 Likes

That looks great @RosaCanDo !
@ELY83 yours looks great too! Thanks for posting it!
Everyone’s looks great!

1 Like

My oven takes forever to heat up unfortunately. And it doesn’t get hot enough either.

I cut 9 corn tortillas into wedges. I guess eighths. Spray the baking dish with Pam. Layered the sauce first. Tortillas next bean mixture cheese and repeat a couple of times.

Oh and I made the sauce. But I did have a spare can of enchilada sauce on hand because I find recipes don’t usually have enough sauce for me. I like it saucy :yum:. Good thing too.

3 Likes

Some people like breakfast for dinner. I like dinner for breakfast!

11 Likes

It’s such a mean trick with the chocolate!:smile:

Is the Stroganoff still with cucumbers? As a vegetarian, I really miss it.:confused:

Same, girl, same! :heart_eyes:

?? The stroganoff is Vegan. I just poured it over chicken this morning. Neither of my kids eat meat.

1 Like

Don’t you put pickled cucumbers in the Stroganoff?

Ah, OK. Normally it’s without pickles, but in Germany the recipe is with them.

1 Like

Oh! Yeah, no pickles. This is the recipe I “kind of” used

7 Likes