Foodies Unite #6 (trigger warning food) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE CRUST!

I got hit hard with a tummy bug/gastro illness Sunday night. Haven’t managed food until today. Added some casarecce pasta to some bone broth.
I could barely look at this thread, as even looking at food made me nauseous :laughing: same with my social media; I realize much of what I follow is food related! Glad I seem to be on the upswing

17 Likes

I made these little Victoria sponge fairy cakes today for an after school treat for the kids. They turned out well.

15 Likes

Awww happy birthday!!! You’re good and good conversation always brighten my day :heart: I hope you are well and felt loved​:heart:

4 Likes

Thank you, amiga! I appreciate you! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Birthday week 2-egg overstuffed omelette with spinach, red onion, mushrooms and feta. Rye buttered toast.

15 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I want this!

1 Like

Woooooow! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Egg sandwich

13 Likes

Didn’t anyone complain as you brought out the saurkraut in the office?:grinning:

1 Like

Didn’t you have stomach problems a short while ago?:confused:

1 Like

Looks nice anyway.

1 Like

Hmmm no, don’t think so? I had kidney surgery but no gastro bugs :thinking:

2 Likes

OK. Sorry, it seems, that I mixed something up.

1 Like

Nope… My colleague is persian and he is for example bringing whole cooking pot with cauliflower sometimes.

I just asked - why in a pot. He said he didn’t found the box as he was in the middle of moving. :rofl:

Sometimes he gives me a little plate of special persian dishes for testing. It’s delicious.

So… I could do anything!
Even eating KimChi in office :ramen:

If someone asks what we are doing there with our eating habits we just smile silently and laugh about their habits if they are gone.

6 Likes

My favorite! I assume the baby bread piece is in my honor?

3 Likes

:joy: Sure it is, chica! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Try it again!

1 Like

You need a “Don’t Care” option. That’s me.

3 Likes

I did it! Corned beef, agave syrup and cayenne roasted carrots and mashed Yukon golds. Oh, and sauerkraut. This baby corned beef roast was 1.7 lbs and even though I took precautions it came out tough. Thin thin slices are where it’s at and it will make a good sandwich. Still happy I went through with it and happy birthday to me.

19 Likes

Looks great! I love those kinds of dishes.