Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

AAAh - welcome to the dark side :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
it is an amazing combo :yum: glad you enjoyed!

2 Likes

I always knew I belong there muahahahahaha :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Chicken and noodles. A classic comfort food and the first dish my grandma, my Mexican mami’s Midwestern American mother-in-law, taught my mom to make. We have access to excellent freshly made egg noodles made by the Amish community here and you cook them in chicken stock a long time in a simmer until they fatten up and start to break apart a bit, I used homemade chicken stock. Then add in your shredded chicken and add a thickener. I made a roux using ghee and Wondra, added hot broth from the pot into the roux to loosen it up and back into the pot. Silkiest broth ever! Delicious and tooth friendly on this Sunday night.

15 Likes

Sesame Chicken with a broccoli rice.

20 Likes

Congratulations @Sabrina80 ! Proud of you for taking the big leap!

Once upon a time, I had a wheat bread sandwich for breakfast every day with peanut butter, a banana and honey in the sandwich. . It was delicious too. got tons of mileage out of it.

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

How was the broccoli rice? I’ve only ever tried cauliflower. Sometimes it’s okay.

2 Likes

Oh maaaaaaaaaaan…those egg noodles look :fire::fire::fire:!!! And the homemade AND thickened broth?!

Only thing I love more than some scratch cooked broth would be THICKENED scratch cooked broth.

Between this and the sushi yesterday….you’re on quite a roll lady!!! :heart::drooling_face::heart:

4 Likes

I like it. It was more like broccoli all chopped up and rice with ginger and scallions. As opposed to a cauliflower rice. If you know why I mean. I think I liked it mostly because it was different. Wifey? Not so much. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

:rofl: You made me chuckle! I was tired of being hungry relying on protein yogurts and other soft premade food stuff as I deal with this tooth issue and pain, so I figured out what I could handle and went for it! Sushi is soft enough so we splurged on that (oh man, so good!) and this dish was calling to me today. I made a ton so I have enough to last me. It was a good distraction, too! I’ve got stuff to make potato leek soup next! Thanks for the inspo @HoofHearted

4 Likes

That does sound good. I like different, too. Thanks.

2 Likes

That sounds delicious :yum: I’ll try this combo too today. But first I have to bake :woman_cook::bread:

2 Likes

What I love most on mondays are leftovers / tiny amouts of food in the fridge that make a perfect meal together. Today: Half chicken breast, half handfulls of romanesco, carrot, shiitake, leek, nuts, a half pak choi. fried in the big pan with ginger, garlic, onions and leftover homemade chilli paste. rice and yoghurt with lime as side and topping. This was my happy food today for lunch :blush:

15 Likes

I love leftovers! It’s often a wild mix but the taste of everything together is awesome :blush:

5 Likes

Good morning did some meal prep for the week and more 10 meals chicken, brown rice and broccoli. Have a good week to all. :v:t4:

19 Likes

Check out this bad boy from Butters.

Ham egg with a pepper :hot_pepper: Jack cheese. Not spicy enough. And cheese grits and fruit. I’m no expert on grits, being a Yank and all. But they were a little dry. Good flavor though. And the cappuccino was hot and delicious :yum:

15 Likes

Daughter’s night for making the dinner. Spinach tomato and cheese penne. Pudding is chia pomegranate pudding made with kefir and sweetened with maple syrup.

14 Likes

Back to True Food Kitchen

SPICY PANANG CURRY,
sweet potato, bok choy, rainbow carrots, snap pea, green bean, black rice, thai shellfish curry broth GF
And my fave Kale Aid

12 Likes

that looks so delicious :yum:

1 Like

Ya, I love going to True Food Kitchen. They got them up where you live? My daughter, non animal eater, turned me on to them when she moved to Cali. They got a lot of options for her.

1 Like