Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

I cannot remember the last time I had Jell-O. I rarely made it for my kids. :slight_smile: Mainly, growing up in the 70s, every family member and every event had something Jell-O. I may get it, just to celebrate itā€™s my choice. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First time we ever tried it was like five years ago in US.
We had only seen it it British or American movies before that.

3 Likes

Jell-O fun recipe
1 carton cottage cheese
1 can crushed pineapple
1 container Cool-whip
Raspberry Jell-O

Mix all together yes jell-o uncooked.

You can add nuts and shredded coconut. Crowd pleaser!
Refrigerate

4 Likes

Texas (airport) BBQ

A bit of hope to those earlier in sobrietyā€¦there were only seats at the bar and im doing fine. In early sobriety, just sitting and eating at the bar would be a trigger. Hell being at the airport would be a trigger #wedorecover as long as i keep working my program of recovery

P.s. texas bbq is dry

12 Likes

Should have gone to Salt Lick.
Grab me an Antones while your there.

2 Likes

Ahh we didnt have much time in san antonio. Checked out the riverwalk meh overcrowded and the food was meh and the service was poor

2 Likes

@Dazercat I had something to share with you and all of the peopleā€¦

Many know that I despise honey - for a reasonable reason. Whatā€™s my favorite cereal, Pal?

3 Likes

Probably Honey Nut Cheerios.
I donā€™t know :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Youā€™re my friend. :slight_smile:

I was laughing in the grocery store.

FYI - That thing was on sale. It will take me a long time to get through cold breakfast. Maybe I will taste it. Maybe this time it will taste like honey. Maybe now that I donā€™t consume alcohol and havenā€™t had whiskey in a decade, which is why I donā€™t like honey, I might like honey. Maybe I canā€™t taste it anyway and I have a huge amount of local honey for the kidlets.

9 Likes

Cool whip is another thing thatā€™s not sold in Sweden. Is there something I can replace it with?

6 Likes

Nope. Not that I know of.
I love a little bit of pumpkin pie with my cool whip :wink:
Thatā€™s a bummer.

3 Likes

I googled it and there were quite a few links to alternatives including homemade. Not sure if there is a dairy free alternative if thatā€™s what you need, but Iā€™d take a look and see if anything works for you!

4 Likes

Vegetarian haggis, neeps and tatties on a wet and blustery day. Hits the spot.

14 Likes

Chicken masala, homemade dhal. Rice. Poppadoms. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

11 Likes

Thank you :blush:
Iā€™ve never even though about the fact that you might be able to nake your own.
Iā€™ll check it out.

3 Likes

you can make an nice aquafaba cool whip that tastes great

i sometimes do one with full fat coconut cream too (canā€™t find that recipe).

6 Likes

Thank you,this sounds awesome. Or at least I think so (I have no idea how cool whip is supposed to taste) :blush:

3 Likes

lol --then you will definitely love itā€¦ i havenā€™t had cool whip in so many years (like 15 or 20) and this stuff tastes fantastic to me.

4 Likes

Iā€™m generally afraid to order a tuna melt. But I just knew this little dive would have a great one. I was not disappointed

13 Likes

Berbere Halibut with Dilly Honey Mustard seasoning on the Asparagus :ok_hand:

14 Likes