Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Thank you Dazer – yeah feels good to be up and cooking Happy tummy and mind :wink:

3 Likes

We had to have the best gelato before dinner. Not a tradition here but the place would have closed after dinner.

Now they say the good gelato is not the kind that is an over flowing mountain in its tub in the window. Thats for tourists. The good stuff is this one that’s in it metal container in the fridge with a lid and not overflowing. Or some shit like that. This stuff was incredible. Glad we held out.

Edit
Aga I’m so sorry I forgot to tag you on this one. I just read your gratitude post. We finally held out and got the Bestest Gelato. It was so delicious. Stracciatella My favourite :heart:
@acromouse

13 Likes

Looks heavenly – glad you got to have some and enjoyed each bite :yum: Got my mouth watering LOL
Will look out for the metal containers of gelato if i ever make it to Italy :wink:

2 Likes

We were treated to a Michelin Restaurant tonight in San Gimignano The Town of Fine Towers in Siena

I cannot remember or figure out how to tell you everything we ate. But these appetizers were served on some local limestone :man_shrugging:

There were 4 types of bread offered this one was a best sourdough ever! And served with ash butter. Thats right ash. I think I might like the real salted french butter better. But that’s just me.

Grouper appetizer.

I missed the pic of Buttoni (button) pasta
With kettle fish (squid) I couldn’t keep up!

The main was a duck with a fois gras, confit something. It was incredible.

I missed the pic of the pre dessert lemon sorbet :grimacing:

And on to the best thing ever. The chocolate dessert with chocolate pearls and @Alisa that’s a cranberry sorbet in the middle. It worked perfectly :ok_hand:

And of course an espresso. I went decaf. Don’t judge me @JazzyS it was 10 o’clock I couldn’t chance the real thing. And it was just as good as regular. Thick a coffeeey :yum:

And a small moon peeking through the medieval walls to say
Buona notte

12 Likes

sogni d’oro
( sweet dreams)
:sleeping: :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:
Thank you for the lovely pics and descriptions xxx

2 Likes

My birthday supper I made myself.
I made chickpea lentil pasta for kiddo. For mine, I added some Nova Scotian seared scallops with sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and baby spinach. A touch of Alfredo roasted garlic sauce. I had mussels & Argentinian shrimp to add but they weren’t thawed yet. Maybe tomorrow.

19 Likes

e3887a5fe016337df83d127253b5753daec6a2e6058f64f309484b1d7f0a3a2e.0

5 Likes

I think they need bigger plates… can barely fit the food on

7 Likes

Happy Birthday, @Salty Best wishes for your best year!!

9 Likes

No judgement at all – you need some sleep Dazer – omg – that is an amazing meal. Everything looks amazing – glad you enjoyed! :yum:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Salty! :birthday: Yummy meal - hope you enjoyed and had a wonderful day celebrating you.
OIP

5 Likes

Fazoli’s GF pasta with chicken pesto, and mozzarella. Pretty sure there’s gluten…Quite salty. Everything is. I imagine it’s a pretty big taste bud coming alive.

11 Likes

SALTY!!

3 Likes

A lovely bit of breakfast.
Emily face on the cappuccino :blush:

Yes I’ll be having peaches every morning if possible @Alisa

11 Likes

Happy birthday to you!! :birthday::tada:

3 Likes

Happy birthday :partying_face:
It looks delicious.

3 Likes

Salad with soja chunks, tahini dip and sweet chili sauce. Yummmm

13 Likes

Can’t have soya myself (allergic to soya protein) but it looks amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You treat yourself well for your birthday.
Happy birthday @Salty
I hope I’m not too late :partying_face:
IMG_4512
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

No cooking today either. We had plenty of leftover pizza.
Instead I did healthy breakfast cookies for breakfast or afternoon snack for the rest of the week.
They might not look healthy but they are sugar free and packed with great nutrition and fiber. Low calorie too.

11 Likes