Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

They look healthy and delicious :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! It means a lot :heart:

Birthdays are hard. It’s a day grief comes strongly; missing my parents who’ve passed, and now more recently my brother. They never made a fuss/celebrated, but it just feels extra lonely. Hubby often forgets, or just says happy birthday. He booked a work trip this year, and forgot until day of (thanks, Facebook for reminding!):joy: but at least he wished me happy birthday. I by no means expect a big fuss but would be nice to be remembered or a handwritten card or post-it note. But those darn expectations :sweat_smile: So I decided to thaw my scallops I found in bottom of freezer. And made myself a sprouted grain banana loaf (mostly so my kiddo can see that birthdays are nice to acknowledge). :birthday:

A post of my scallops to not detail :joy:

14 Likes

Lamb madras for my son and me this evening. My daughter is away for a few days so we’re having a dish that she’s not keen on.

13 Likes

I made Chinese style pork riblets, on vegetable stir fry noodles.

15 Likes

Zucchini noodles
with rucola pesto on rucola,
as I am in love, with rucola… :green_heart:
Looking forward to a healthy relationship :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Happy birthday lady :hibiscus::heart:

3 Likes

… and little desert :cherries::chocolate_bar:
Dark cherry tea and dark chocolate

12 Likes

I had another cake for you which I didn’t post. I lost it and couldn’t find it. Now I did find it. It reminds me of the cakes that your son has made for you, and with you, in the past. Again, wishing you a fabulous year ahead and a celebration each day! @Salty

6 Likes

Happiest of Birthdays to youuuu :birthday:

4 Likes

I’m sorry @Salty
That all really sucks! I hope you and the little man had a lovely day together.
:pray:t2::heart::people_hugging:

3 Likes

:bangbang: :warning: :no_entry: TRIGGER WARNING :no_entry::warning::bangbang:
MEAT :warning: MEAT :no_entry: AND MORE MEAT :bangbang:
And there’s a basket bottle of :warning::no_entry:Chianti :no_entry::warning: in sight

Went to a place a little bit different than last night called The Butcher
He is an eighth generation butcher.

Communal tables sitting around the chef/butcher as he cooked the meat.

A steak tartar starter. I’m not a fan of steak tartar. But this ONE! Incredible!

Then on to like a roast beef cut.

Maybe a sirloin :thinking:

Tenderloin

He cooked it all with his gloved hands.
When he was done he repeated in Italian

alla carne o non alla carne
(To Meat or not To Meat)
Over and over again as everyone clapped.
The bone in ribeye Fred Flintstone style

I think I missed 4 or 5 pics of the other different cuts. I think we had a cut from every piece of the cow. We were there almost 3 hours :scream:

I also missed a pic of the olive oil cake and Moka coffee

So here I lie in a complete meat coma. I think I will survive.
Everything about the animal is respected and taken care of right to the death. And to respect the animal after death every part is eaten.

It was quite an experience.

15 Likes

This looks incredible and like a really amazing experience! To imagine this is normal life for people living there is fantastic. Culture is an amazing experience and to see the unity in them I wish we had that more here.

I’m glad your sharing all this with us it’s really nice to see :yum: and all your travel posts I’m enjoying.

2 Likes

Thank you my friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I always fall in love with Europe but your country has a special place in my heart. Already looking at a walking tour of someplace in England. Maybe 2025 :thinking: I bought a nice rain coat :umbrella: for this trip so I’m ready for British weather :joy:

2 Likes

Many of us will know that this is a slogan for Wendy’s or at least was once upon a time, @MrsOdh

Enjoy, enjoy @Dazercat , lots you all are doing! Love getting to follow, thanks so much for posting!

Editing to add that it is quite a skill and amazing that he can cook all of that and have it all come out cooked perfectly!

4 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Appreciate it.

Off to Lucca and then to the coast tomorrow. No hiking. But a chance to buy some special olive oil if we like.

2 Likes

Snacky dinner. I really don’t want to cook. AND I am out of GF bread. I really don’t think it’s cheaper to make it. Pssshshshsh

16 Likes

Rotisserie chicken, leftover salad with blue cheese crumbles and dressing and microgreens. @EarnIt I was right there with you tonight with not cooking.

15 Likes

those microgreens look delicious :yum:

3 Likes

I 100% agree with you on that!

3 Likes

@JazzyS I love them so much and am grateful they’re available year round from a local grower. They do another mix of various baby greens like broccoli and others. The radish greens are peppery and I love that.

14 Likes