Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

oh my - i do love raddish or mustard green microgreens. so jelly that you get them year round… my farmer stopped making them and i haven’t looked for a replacement yet.

These look heavenly too – my goodness its crazy that i am almost drooling :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s not, at least not where I live. Can’t even count time times I’ve failed doing gluten free bread and ended up with crumbs similar to ashes, or something so hard you probably club a moose with.

Not worth it. I don’t care of it’s processed I’m going to buy my gluten free bread anyway. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’m dying over here
IMG_0394

5 Likes

The worst thing is that it’s true :joy:

4 Likes

Breakfast. Frozen mango and blueberries, apple and kefir.

11 Likes

Back when I was about 17, 18, 19, I used to make bread a lot. Well, I did make bread a lot, a lot of other ages also. But back then, this girlfriend of mine and I would make bread, and it was the most delicious bread I’ve ever had in my life. We would put apples in it, all whole grain ingredients, and some other something I can’t remember what. The loaves were heavy as bricks. We could’ve clubbed the moose with them,
it was heavy, hearty bread and delicious.
My friend ended up going to culinary school and then had a super successful big city bakery. It’s funny how things work.

Peaches. Frozen to start with
Bon appetit everyone.
Food in moderation is life.

13 Likes

I SOMETIMES make a really great GF but it’s a pain, and not too cheap. I should just give up bread, because it keeps changing. Our Farmers’ Market has a vendor. Hers are about 1/2-sized and cost $18 each. A lot of people buy it and I would eat it all in one meal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First pizza in Lucca.

And of course gelato after. The good kind.

And for my gluten intolerant friends
@EarnIt @MrsOdh

I didn’t go in there.

14 Likes

I knew Italy was good at Gluten free food :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Tuscany anyway :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Not Italian happy things…

9 Likes

I inherited my Dad’s old bread maker and made my first loaf yesterday. It was fast and easy but there is one problem, the kneading paddle is inside that hole. I had to cut the loaf in half to rescue it. But not bad for a first attempt. :yum:

17 Likes

There are a few ways to get that out. The 2 I know is using a like a skewer and pulling it side ways - it just leaves a small line.
Or on the last knead of the bread I think most bread makers beep at this time and you can take out the paddle while the bread cooks :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s a great first attempt… enjoy your fresh baked bread. :yum:

Love Twizzlers suggestions…have fun baking :smiling_face:

3 Likes

This is helpful. My bread maker is from the 90s and I’m flying blind without a manual.
The paddle is under the uncooked bread though. Do I remove the dough, remove the paddle and put the bread back in? I just assumed I hadn’t tightened the paddle down enough.

2 Likes

Spiced chicken on flatbread with pomegranate and feta.

16 Likes

It always gets stuck in the bread, with most bread makers :slightly_smiling_face: you didn’t do anything wrong it looks like a lovely loaf :bread:
Some people take the dough out after the last knead, remove the paddle, and put the dough back in.
Once you work out the time for the last knead this will be a good way.
Until then I’d say get a skewer and poke it into the hole in the bread were the paddle is (when bread is finished baking) and pull it out by sliding the paddle side ways. Just leaves a little line that way.
It’s whatever you prefer, if you prefer slicing it in half to get it out then there’s nothing wrong with that way either :slightly_smiling_face:
:sunflower:

3 Likes

A big, warm bowl of soupy ramen with tons of veggies and some shredded chicken. Perfect for a blustery day.

16 Likes

Banana bread topped
with peanut butter today

:heart_eyes::banana::peanuts:

15 Likes

Low carb eggplant pizza Yum!

:eggplant::pizza::yum:

17 Likes