Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

I do not eat the Kiwi skin.
I know you can but it’s a little on the unpalatable side. Ruins the texture of the fruit too in my opinion.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. I do not either… I wonder how clean I can get it. I am constantly reading about how healthy it is, etcetera and am curious what others across the world choose to do.

2 Likes

I do something similar but we call them “Snickers Bars”
Sunflower butter
Glutenfree cereals or müsli
Honey, maple syrup and protein powder
And semi sweet chocolate on top.

Perfect and allergy friendly

3 Likes

Hey foodies!
I’m looking for traditional cuisines that cook without gluten grain or dairy. I have come up with japanese but am looking for more inspiration. Any ideas?

2 Likes

I might be a Swede. But we do a lot of Tex Mex food over here.
And I don’t know if you Count corn as a grain?

It’s so easy to adapt, corn tortillas can be served in so many ways, as wraps, enchiladas, quesadillas, fried as chips for nachos, huevos rancheros, and of course Tacos.
Chilli con carne or Chilli as we say is another dish that’s great.

I also do glutenfree/dairy churros but there’s sugar in them. And we have a churros maker so it’s easy for me.

Haven’t tried to make Tamales yet, I’m afraid of making that dish :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Corn is perfect. As long as it is gluten free. I’ll have to look into texmex. Thanks!

3 Likes

Tasty beauty :heart:

15 Likes

I enjoy Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, greek for simple gluten free vegan cooking without processed foods

Google has been my go to for recipes and sometimes I change up recipe to fit my needs or Google at
Alternatives that would fit that recipe. Ie. Which mushroom type will meet the meat texture the dish is calling for.

10 Likes

I love seeing your plates. Had to eat some kiwi this morning after seeing the pic :drooling_face:

I do eat without the skin. My siblings eat with the skin and have been trying to get me to do so…I just can’t. I can’t get past the texture

2 Likes

@JazzyS @MrsOdh Looks like another realm of discovery is awaiting me on my recovery journey. Thanks ladies!

4 Likes

I totally forgot about Indian food, and yet I lake it quite often. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

It ain’t Tuscan food.

But it sure is comforting :yum:

11 Likes

I got take out chicken shawarma yesterday and put the leftovers (including some delicious seasoned basmati rice) in a salad for lunch, which quickly got out of control with the addition of alfalfa sprouts, mixed microgreens, baby spinach and arugula, chopped cucumber and red onion, cooked farro, feta, and thinned plain Greek yogurt for a dressing. I have lunch for tomorrow, and maybe the next day, too!

16 Likes

The hubs wanted to go out for lunch and I wanted a paleta bar :crazy_face:

12 Likes

LOL – i love when that happens… great pairings of flavors and textures. I’m sure you are enjoying :yum:

1 Like

Today I made butter to go on our home made bread.
Both so easy to make.

13 Likes

That is beautiful!

2 Likes

Salmon, pork tenderloin (mostly made it for my husband’s lunches), seasoned roasted cauliflower, carrots and garbanzos (Goya sazon, turmeric and fresh ground pepper), farro and asparagus. Heck of a Monday dinner. I was supposed to cook this yesterday but the weekend’s major yard work and landscaping projects had me worn the heck out!

17 Likes

I’m dying over here :drooling_face: All of my faves!!!

2 Likes

My husband’s too :yum: He was quite vocal during dinner :rofl:

2 Likes