Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

I bet!!! :joy:

2 Likes

Scandinavian style beetroot salad + egg on rye w/ Caprese salad. Using up the fridge bits!

15 Likes

Try it with meatballs, beetroot salad and meatballs is probably the most common combination over here (Sweden)

2 Likes

Hey. Yes I’ve had that. :hugs: We have Scandi Kitchen here in London headed by Brontë Aurell. They do amazing Smorrebrod and real Scandinavian flavours. I buy a lot of stuff from there including remoulade, lingonberry jam, the sauce mix for meatballs (I know it’s simply meat scrapings and cream, but I love the Graddsas one anyway).

It was all I had in the fridge for lunch, but delicious. I could eat that beetroot salad every day.

2 Likes

Meanwhile in Sweden we have The British Shop in Gothenburg, owned by two Londoners. That sells British food :blush:

And a few restaurants including one called Paddington.

There’s also some hotels in Gothenburg where you can go for afternoon Tea.

Years ago we did have a British café in our village, the former owner Tracy is also from London.

We where so excited when she opened, and bought a lot of cookies, cereals and Sweets there.

Unfortunately she retired, the kids didn’t want to take over and now it’s an Asian take away there instead.

2 Likes

I forgot that I used to live Soreen malt loaf when I still ate gluten (even Of I wasn’t supposed to eat that, but they don’t have a glutenfree option)

2 Likes

Today’s learning coffee snack arrangement.
Yea this porcelain is exquisite too :ok_hand:t2:

It’s handpainted in 1989 by one of my aunties.

15 Likes

It’s a shame they don’t do gf! You could possibly make it. I’m not keen on it :disappointed:

1 Like

Wow, simply gorgeous tea set and snack to go with! I might need to take your lead and make my own chocolate/peanut butter treats. I love the combo and have been eating way too much overly sweet candy versions lately.

5 Likes

Soooooooooo exquisite, all of it!! You’re as much the artist with the food as she was with the painting. Lovely, lovely, all of it. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

That vegan chili I love so much :drooling_face:

14 Likes

Good idea. It’s so easy to make healthy and delicious sweets and treats (lol…)
Also need to repeat my raspberry chia cubes.
It’s a nice Sunday ritual too :heart:

4 Likes

10 Likes

Went to this cool Taco place in Old Scottsdale
Diego Pops

Dip Trio
Salsa, Guacamole, Street Corn Queso

1 Beef Machaca Taco
Corn salsa, cotija, pickled onion, crispy tortilla
1 Grilled Adobo Chicken
Serrano, guajillo sauce, house slaw, corn tortilla

And the pinto beans were great!

Check out all these sauces. I went right to the roasted garlic beet crema. It was great! I did manage to try them all on the chips.

13 Likes

Yum! That would be my pick too

3 Likes

Big ass omelet to split for dinner with sautéed mushrooms and onions, ham, leftover asparagus and cherry tomatoes plus freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese. I’m not a very skilled omelet maker and this was overstuffed - I’m glad it turned out this well.

14 Likes

Never in a million years would my wife or your husband pick that one, am I right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Daaaaang! I still got it! :heart_eyes: yum.

4 Likes

I have used a (clean) kitchen scourer to rub off the excess hairyness. Nothing to harsh just enough to take off the tickly bits :rofl:
I am talking about kiwi fruit :kiwi_fruit:

4 Likes

Finally a good pizza :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The Lamp

13 Likes