Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Not the exact one, that one I mentioned is in his book, but we have made this Jungle curry and it’s amazing. I only use Vivek Singh recipes. He’s my culinary husband, with Ottolenghi….do it🙌🏻 we still make this curry to this day.

2 Likes

Lamb rack roasted medium, w/ parsnips, sprouts, runner beans, Cavelo Nero, roast potatoes and roast garlic with English mustard and mint sauce :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Well you have just cemented my new recipe for my next day off. I’ll be making a version of this next weekend. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

A little PB&J Cheesecake for afters.

Almost as good as the Black Forest @Chiron

12 Likes

Oooh! That looks delicious!

2 Likes

Cauliflower, sweet potatoes, goat cheese and salmon.

12 Likes

Red lentil wrap :smiley:
… came out nice. Yumyum.

14 Likes

We had our festive tea on our last day at The Savoy. Finally got my scone.

We did the High Tea.
As opposed to the low one :joy:

I forgot to get a pic of the scallop I had. It was delicious :yum:

And I just about forgot to take a pic of my scone.

I cut it in half :scream: what a rube. Clotted cream and eventually I got the strawberry jam on there as well. It was all great :blush:

Very nice way to spend our last day.

12 Likes

Omg…
In heaven…scone with clotted cream and jam…yeah - my mouth is watering :yum:

2 Likes

@JazzyS @Tragicfarinelli

Hubby’s bday dinner. One dish is methi malai and a chicken saag. New to me is that delicious puri and I love my mixed pickle. Any mixed pickle fans?

13 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby! looks delicious :yum:

my mouth is watering man – i do love puri – goes really well with chole (puri chole was a staple treat meal on the weekend once a month and YES - goes amazingly well with mixed pickles…

Hope you are enjoying

2 Likes

Chicken Salad Melt. ( Kinda like a tuna melt but not,lol!)

11 Likes

Another healthy ingredient vegan cake for @JazzyS ! Happy Birthday and many more, Jazzy.

What else did I eat? Oatmeal, protein powder and almond milk, half jumbo avocado in a tortilla, boiled eggs, mangoes, and will see what else.

IMG_3617

3 Likes

what a beautiful cake and lovely decorations - thank you so much Alisa :hugs:
Much appreciated :heart:

1 Like

You had me at Chicken Saag!

2 Likes

Muscles with Grits and 2 eggs. Yummy indeed!

12 Likes

@acromouse & @nas

A handful of recipes from a book called Pinch of Nom. These are from the Fakeaway section. I didn’t photograph them all as didn’t want to spam ! We bulk make the Balti paste… it’s very good.

X

7 Likes

Thanks for the curry recipe. I’ll definitely try it.
One thing I admire most about the Brit’s is their ability to whip up a curry :blush:

One day I was with a friend in Henley and he asked if I had eaten. I said no. I hadn’t. He said, “would you like me to whip you up a curry?” It was excellent. Obviously I’ve never forgotten about it. I just always think it’s more of a production. I’d want to add more veg or something, or coconut milk. Just like me to make more of a production.
I miss London so much😢 Nothing about the desert where I live looks like Christmas.
Thanks again for the curry.

3 Likes

I’m a sucker for anti inflammatory recipes. And cats.
@JazzyS
Anti inflammatory turmeric chicken soup.
I added the rice.

11 Likes

Made some holiday treat tins for my sons medical and school team. Each tin consists of 2 pieces of hot chocolate marshmallow fudge, a ginger cookie, 2 pieces of peppermint bark, and 3 chocolate truffles done up 3 different ways. Bundled up with a candycane and a hot cocoa packet. Hope they like them! Its ny first time doing a treat tin!

15 Likes