Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

15 Likes

Hot sauce?!? Is this the garlic one?

1 Like

I wish I could have the rye. Despite that, I could eat that dish every single day. Though, I am not eating meat other than fish. Thpt. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Look at that? Eggs two pics in a row. Hmmm…I miss actual bread so much! Eggs, avo, all done…bring it to me!

1 Like

Smoked salmon or even canned salmon in scrambled eggs is great too! I agree, it’s a staple for me. I had to salvage two not so great avocados otherwise I’d have done slices like @Salty Great minds, eh? :wink:

3 Likes

I will be all on with meat when my taste gets back. However, yes! Salmon! I had sardines today with jasmine and red lentils (and cabbage). I am looking only at salmon, sardine, tuna and mackerel. That’s all based on high protein and Omega-3s. I am determined they will save my brain. :brain: :blowfish: :fish: :fishing_pole_and_fish:

3 Likes

Same one, yup

2 Likes

Typical American breakfast.

17 Likes

I was born in America but not to an American. This is not my typical breakfast! :fried_egg: :bacon: :fried_egg: :bacon:

2 Likes

14 Likes

Since I didn’t order the filet mignon last night as I had planned and got the special instead (and was jealous of my fella’s mashed potatoes), he offered to cook me one tonight! He’s loving his new sous vide machine and has tested several different cuts of meat but this was the first time with a filet m. It was beautifully done, medium rare and melt in your mouth tender. He seared it and his T-bone on the cast iron skillet afterward, so perfect. I made aged cheddar mashed potatoes which we then baked in ramekins with more cheese on top. I ate half so leftovers tomorrow. He spoiled me tonight!

18 Likes

“sous vide machine” - I have never tried it and think I’d love it! How much? Or should I rent? Does it do more than red meat, given how long I have to wait? Also, I am the only meat eater in my normal house, can you do one?

1 Like

There is a range of pricing but considering it is a pretty simple device I’d say you wouldn’t have to get anything too fancy, though I think the cheapest ones are around $100, not cheap. If you can rent one to try it out that would be awesome! You can absolutely do one item at a time and you can cook almost anything I’d say but it’s best for tougher cuts or tricker things that are finicky or things you’d be afraid to overcook (bone in pork chops in my case). Everything you read will say you need a vacuum sealer but we just use a ziplock and suck out as much air as possible. I haven’t used it yet but I’m excited to! Like for those pork chops I mentioned :wink:

I found this article, it’s pretty informative.

3 Likes

How bout Zin Bistro
It’s on the lake by The Landing.

Guinness French Onion Soup

And a Lobstah Cobb with a champagne vinaigrette

I didn’t know it was going to be a chopped salad. I love a chopped salad! Getting real lazy in my old age.

14 Likes

Chicken fajita for dinner

16 Likes

Zucchini, summer squash, pepper
Cranberries blueberries

@ELY83 missing you and your meals. Hoping all is well.

Bon appetit everyone
Food is life.

16 Likes

Warm breakfast: leftover potatoes, onion, eggs and sausage.
Not pictured: oat bread that’s in the oven :drooling_face::yum:

17 Likes

I mean, honestly, I only dated in Westlake. I did far more between Woodland Hills and Beverly Hills. There was a wee bit of heavy “Valley Girl.” I do have to say, despite an all seafood place here, I am so jealous of the lobster and other stuff! I bet I would taste that! Or pretend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loaf of perfection :heart_eyes:

17 Likes

It looks amazing! I want gluten so much in my life! :bread: :croissant: :baguette_bread: :sandwich: :flatbread: :stuffed_flatbread:

2 Likes