Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Threw together a random seafood chowder/soup. Mussels, Patagonian scallops, boneless smoked sardines, local pickerel & rainbow trout. I’m not a potato fan, so I just grated one small potato to help thicken. Lots for lunches! My boys aren’t fussy on chowder :laughing:

17 Likes

Happy Birthday @Dazercat !
Sober, yes!
Sugar or sugar free, your choice
Best wishes, always!

9 Likes

Whoah, what? Wait! Eric, do you and my daughter share a birthday? I have zero idea how I missed it. I mean, yes…I do…but…

Happy Birthday, my friend!

4 Likes

Awww…HEY @Alisa !! Thanks so much for reaching out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m always lurking on here…like a creep :eyes: without posting! Here’s some “fight against the artic chill” Pot Roast….i must say…it was DAMN good. And a cute little follow up pic of Baby’s first Pot Roast!!! As a lover of cooking…this baby got some tasty home made purées etc in the beginning…but now…he’s actually at the place where he eats REAL (totally cut into tiny tiny pieces) food and it is SO FUN!

@RosaCanDo …so many CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW JOB!!! I can’t wait to hear about it!!

Also: I think dudes really get into the sous vide thing…I know my husband sure does. Something about the sciency-ness of it maybe??? :nerd_face:
The done-ness on those filets DOES look like perfection though :drooling_face:

Oh! And a little shallot mushroom kale egg white frittata over dressed greens with avocado for…as Eric would say….Brekkie!

16 Likes

Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta made by hubby. He even made the fresh pasta noodles. 10/10 :ok_hand:

17 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks Alisa.
Sober, yes.
I choose sugar.
I should have taken a pic. Sorry.
I splurged.
Picture if you can.
Ten Layer Chocolate Cake.
Chocolate Crémeux, Cocoa Gâteau, Fudge Frosting and of course some vanilla ice to go with, because if it’s possible to have too much chocolate this was that cake.
:pray:t2::heart:

@EarnIt if her birthday is on 1/21 I reckon so.
Thanks for the birthday wishes pal :kissing_heart:

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday Eric!!! Death by Chocolate…not a bad way to go it seems :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

A change up in plans had me fixing dinner on my own so I opted for an easy ramen. This version of Lotus foods Rice ramen is my favorite so far because I do love buckwheat noodles. I have a bunch of them so I need to just make a seasoned broth that I can freeze portions of so I don’t have to rely on packets as much anymore when I’m craving a brothy noodle bowl. Perhaps that will be a project this week. The seasoning packet in this left much to be desired so I finished it off with some miso, soy sauce and sriracha. I added leftover asparagus, crimini mushrooms, spinach, green onions and some of this ramen topping stuff I bought that’s super fishy with dehydrated tiny shrimp, seaweed and other fun things. Perfect for a cold night.

15 Likes

Breakfast!

19 Likes

15 Likes

Smoothies to get us to the airport

Mine is the peanut butter oatmeal :yum:
Not the avocado kale. Too early for that for me.

17 Likes

Pb oatmeal smoothie :drooling_face::drooling_face: sounds delicious
Safe travels

2 Likes

Got my air fried edamame snacks. 375 for 10
minutes. They are pretty good. I’ll try plain salt next time

17 Likes

I used to have Lotus as one of my products! I had them all over my house. :slight_smile: As Lotus goes, our family was pretty happy! I still pick it up for my gluten-free selection. Of course, when I am driving around again, I will be back to the Asian Market, which is amazing with both noodles and all the seasoning. I can’t wait! They added a food counter which I have not tried yet. I can’t wait!!

3 Likes

Yep, Pal! 21 years old on the 21st. :slight_smile: I knew that day was important!

2 Likes

Enchiladas, Mexican chorizo, rice and beans for the fam. Peace to All

15 Likes

Soup for kiddo & hubby. Leftover chowder for me :laughing:

17 Likes

I made soup out of the things left after canbage rolls. I can taste the broth and the cabbage! Yay!

15 Likes

Slow cooker split pea and ham soup cooked with smoked pork shanks. I shredded some of the meat from the shanks and added it also. Freakin’ yum! Not pictured is salted rye crusty bread. I’ve never heard of salted rye but it was super.

15 Likes