Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Sorry to but in with you guys. But I learned a lot from these 2 easy videos about making sourdough. I played with the recipes and found just the right amount to make some really good loaves back during COVID days.
Check them out if you’re interested.
@JazzyS
@acromouse
@Pattycake

9 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks, will definitely check it out. :bread::bread:

1 Like

I have read throughout time that sourdough depletes some gluten issue. Hmmmm… :baguette_bread: :sandwich:

3 Likes

I had my last two fillings done yesterday so all my teeth are in good working order! I’m celebrating with crunchy granola this morning :tada: I will be eating as much crunchy goodness as I can before I have implant surgery on Feb 6th :upside_down_face: I will be SO happy to be finished with dental work!!!

c

16 Likes

Glad you did butt in …thanks for the link.
Can’t wait to try it out :yum:

1 Like

So happy for you Rosa… .enjoy all the crunchy goodness :yum:

2 Likes

I do really like Lotus products. We have an Asian market here that I am ashamed to say I haven’t been to yet! I will try to get there ASAP. They even have imported unique produce. Thanks for the reminder!

2 Likes

I have heard similarly and know at least one person with gluten intolerance who can eat her homemade sourdough bread, crackers, etc. She says it has to be homemade though from an established sourdough starter. Which is something I have yet to explore!

This website and this woman’s book were recommended by the friend I mentioned. So far it’s the simplest and most digestible (pun intended!) explanation I have read.

5 Likes

Yay! We have two large markets and several smaller ones. I go to the two large most often. The produce and seafood are amazing! That and the seasonings out of India and Africa, in addition to the wide Asian build up. I think 4-ish rows of all types of ramen.

Come on down to my house. :slight_smile: We’ll have a shopping party.

1 Like

I miss the big markets back in Tucson. I only really started shopping there toward the end of my time living there when I had more disposable income and time :sweat_smile: Your market situation sounds amazing! Let’s go shopping!!!

2 Likes

Watching too much Julia.:smiling_face: Tried her scrambled tip, saving some raw egg, adding at the end. Really creamy. And a blueberry, kale smoothie added collagen. I love breakfast and when life feels more upside than downside once again. :upside_down_face: :blush:

13 Likes

Having steak,eggs and leftover enchiladas for breakfast/lunch. Peace to All

14 Likes

Vegan Easter Eggs

10 Likes

Found. New Apple.
Hunnyz. It was HUGE too.
Pretty good. Kind of like a honey crisp

11 Likes

Hot roast beef, American cheese (I know, I know, but it’s delicious), Claussen dill pickle chips on toasted rye.

15 Likes

I would definitely give it a try. Internet stuff says it comes out of Washington. If it’s bigger on tart and snappy, I’d be all about it. “Sweet with tang,” is an apple thing I like, which is why I like Honey Crisp. The point being there is zero honey taste. :smirk:

1 Like

I only do honey crisp. I found the Sugar Bee. And now these hunnyz. Otherwise I done trying other apples. Waste of time.

2 Likes

What a fun name! I love finding new treats!

1 Like

That sandwich, drolling. Best pickles ever!

1 Like

Last post cabbage roll dish!

I had sauteed cabbage with green peppers.

Seasoning:turmeric, onion powder, white pepper, chili powder, umami mushroom, and ginger. Sometime, this taste shortage may submit to seasoning list. However, the more I place, the more likely to get a flavor.

Partnered it with gross chicken sausage (last two links) and corn grits (never sweet, always butter and pepper).

13 Likes