Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Did you know if you snap baked white Cheeto puffs in half before you eat them some of the calories fall out? This secret trick could’ve saved you 60-80 calories for those 32 Cheetos.
Works with other foods to varying degrees also.

10 Likes

Day off today for errands. And brunch! Caramelized onions, goat cheese, sautéed spinach & mushroom eggs Benedict

20 Likes

Holy f**k that looks phenomenal! :star_struck:

2 Likes

So good! They have a few Benedict options… debated smoked salmon but I can’t pass up this one!

2 Likes

Noodle bowl night! Took a before pic with all the veggies and chicken that get hot broth poured over and noodles. Veg: snow peas, bell peppers, bean sprouts, red onion and white part of scallions, and mushrooms. The broth was turmeric ginger miso chicken based (YUM). Toppings: green parts of scallions, cilantro, lime and sriracha. Perfect for the cold front that is moving in as we speak and the sustenance I am needing right now.

23 Likes

I’m a creature of habit. Shrimp and chicken fajitas

17 Likes

Nice queso boat :blush:

1 Like

Found our new local Greek place tonight.
Athens

Great great spanakopita.
And not a spec of arugula. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Nice homemade flakey crust.
Will be back.

16 Likes

Sourdough loaf

18 Likes

Wow that looks so good. I can smell it.

2 Likes

I’ve just had a slice and it’s divine!

1 Like

Tofu bacon BLT W/ :avocado: on sesame :bagel:

13 Likes

Brilliant idea! Can I ask how you seasoned/prepared the tofu?

1 Like

Yes, it’s amazing!

I used firm ‘smoked’ tofu block, cut into ‘rashers’. Marinate up to three days in: 2 parts soy sauce to one part maple syrup, smoked paprika, garlic granules, pepper and a tiny squeeze of tomato puree, few dashes of smoke liquid.

I pan fried these ones, but apparently air frying is amazing!

I think you would love it Rosa!

6 Likes

Tofu is made for marinating, isn’t it? That sounds delicious.

2 Likes

It’s sooo good, lighter than real bacon and just as tasty with the right toppings and bits. I love tofu!!!

2 Likes

Day off/rest day Saturday family meal is baked rigatoni 2 tray’s one for the house another for my pregnant sister to take home family is everything have a good weekend to all. :v:t4:

14 Likes

My meal for tonight for my low cholesterol diet…chopped little gem lettuce and chopped tomatoes with curry spiced chicken and new potoatoes done on my griddle pan with a tiny splash of sesame oil, simple but yummy…was followed by sliced apple and a handful of nuts and seeds :yum:

Also a little Reggie looking on for you Eric!
@Dazercat :heart:

16 Likes

I was just thinking who’s that handsome gentleman? Nice plate too.
:blush:

2 Likes

Thank you Eric, ive been researching foods and read that sesame oil is a good substitute for olive oil as im not keen on olive oil, all i dressed my salad with was a little bit of lemon juice and it was yummy, im determined to get those numbers down xx

2 Likes