Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

I am starting to tiny smell! Tiny taste! This is spicy! That Umami comes across spicy. I was never
wimpy but who knows?

13 Likes

Did you lose your smell and taste from being sick? Your food looks great and I’m glad you can taste a little more!

1 Like

I had an accident at the end of September, with a traumatic brain injury.

2 Likes

Leftover Taco Fish Nourish Bowl. Serious YUM! :ok_hand:

15 Likes

My SIL and niece’s were in from Austin.
They like doing escape rooms :man_shrugging:
We met them for a nice dinner.

I got the duck :duck:

16 Likes

My first time having avacodo with egg on toast and wow it’s delicious :yum:

18 Likes

Veggie egg scramble with a side of yogurt

@Twizzlers I love some avocado toast. It’s very yummy

14 Likes

Spring mix, cabbage/beet fermented kraut, baked tofu, pepitas & walnuts, and EVOO & balsamic. And a side of psyllium husk in water :joy:

17 Likes

Fish stew with sunny aioli. This was Cod cheeks and monkfish. :heart:

14 Likes

I love making my own chicken salad. Nothing weird in it.
And 2 gross tiny pickles I found left in a jar in the back of the fridge. Do not recommend :nauseated_face:

14 Likes

Wild Atlantic salmon is not bright pink, unlike rainbow trout.

3 Likes

I think I heard it is due to the feed that farm raised fish get versus what wild fish eat, but I could be wrong. I used to think it was dyed but I don’t believe that is so.

3 Likes

At lot the stores around me in AZ, these days, have signs “red dye,” added :scream: I’m not sure what is up with that. I’ve never thought about it until then.

I try to buy wild but it’s so hard these days. Everything is farmed raised. Except for that frozen one I found. Which was really good. No not pink @Olivia

5 Likes

Yikes! I looked it up and there are certain salmon farms that assist in increasing the pink color by feeding them something called carotenoids, either natural forms like algae or crushed up crustaceans or lab created versions. That’s probably more expensive than just dying them I’m guessing.

3 Likes

From a trout place I know & trust:

4 Likes

Thanks for not making it any easier :joy: :joy: :joy:
Makes sense though.
Our labeling doesn’t me shit in the states.

3 Likes

Thanks for the education, Salty!

3 Likes

And apparently some algae and crustaceans are higher in Vitamin K so that makes sense, too!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t read too much into the fishery industry as it’s tantamount to torture on the eyes. There are multiple issues at play between wild and farmed, each not happy with the other. I procure my fish sustainably and it’s expensive and I hope it’s better than most, but I can’t be certain. Just watch any documentary on dairy, fish, poultry and cattle farming and you are likely to never want to eat anything again. :woozy_face:

5 Likes

Agreed - sustainable and from trusted sources seems to be the guiding light. It is for me anyway.

2 Likes