Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Not really a picture of food, but today was the first week we had teens shopping for the weekly meal plans. They had to create a list, and keep the budget under $250.
Here’s the list. Everything was bought (except some things from the snacks category) and the grand total was $213.01

16 Likes

Wow!! Congratulations to the teens! What a good job they did!!! That seems like a lot of food for $213. Yay. Looks like a lot of good healthy food for them. Enjoy the week with your little teen budget shoppers.!!

5 Likes

Leftover seared peppered ahi tuna on the prettiest salad I’ve made in a long time. I made a sesame-soy-lime-ginger-chile-scallion vinaigrette.

16 Likes

This is fantastic! Such a great life skill. Good for you and for them.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you! One of favorite things! I should pick up a ton of it, just in case the flavor becomes big. That would be AMAZING!

3 Likes

God we love it soooo much. We had it earlier this week and thank goodness we saved a steak for this. We have paid way too much to eat a comparable salad at one of our favorite restaurants…never again. I love how rare seared tuna is something you can really savor. I hope you get the tastes!!!

4 Likes

Jidori Chicken.

18 Likes

This looks amazing

2 Likes

Last night’s leftover Thai Beef Salad. My friend is the best cook!

11 Likes

Mexican chorizo and eggs with chopped serrano chiles, diced red onion and tomatoes and cilantro. Mmmm

16 Likes

OK, last pic of leftovers. I have more but you aren’t as excited as I am. :smirk:

14 Likes

Extending and reimagining leftovers is one of my favorite hobbies. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Been at MILs today and we have cake. I had a gooey rascal and some Victoria sponge :birthday:

Then we had roast pork dinner. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Quick, easy low calorie lunch

18 Likes

Anyone for a fresh artichoke? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Yes! Love them! My family grew them in California. Quite prolific once established. Unfortunately I can’t grow them this far north.

4 Likes

20 Likes

Kind of poke bowl
Unfortunately I want able to eat mindful.
Tomorrow will maybe be better :blush:

19 Likes

Is lamb very popular in the US? I never see it posted in my food related socials. Aussies love it!

17 Likes

It is to me! However, on my Dad’s side, I am 1st generation American. He was born in New Zealand and makes some of the best lamb EVER. I rarely order it at a restaurant because they just don’t compete.

3 Likes